Major League Baseball (Part 1)

the first thing i associated with ‘hammers’ was warhammer. not sure how many younger fans would think of hank aaron nowadays, but i actually quite like the reference. one slightly worrying thought is it might be difficult to keep stadium goers from bringing real hammers into the stands.

IIRC, you have to go through a security check. That’s how they always catch me trying to bring in my hatchets.

3 Likes

Are you talking about the Baseball 100? It is mentioned in one of the profiles (I’m about half way through the book, it is pure gold).

1 Like

“Man Bludgeons Wife with Hammer After Another Historic Braves Playoff Collapse” is not a headline you want to see.

2 Likes

I know, Atlanta has had enough heartbreaking sports losses.

It is highly unlikely I will ever even get through my Chrome Reading List (cool feature though). Fiction would be close to 0% chance now followed by print books of any type.

I like the Hammers idea.

I kinda hope WFT stays for many years

pulling a guy in the 6th with a no hitter on 75 pitches. I hope they lose

So…will Trump get the warm welcome he expects? I guess we’ll find out shortly. Or maybe not. Can’t imagine FOX Sports wouldn’t carry it.

Man, how cool for this kid to be starting a game in the World Series when he only has 4 2/3 IP in his career. That’s pretty awesome.

Well, guess it wasn’t that cool.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/ZachKleinWSB/status/1454605582460243971

Just dropping in to take ownership of my shitposting on the salary cap. If the Braves win this year I believe it makes it 15 out of 30 and that stat is undeniable.

My grandma who passed away 4 years ago was a Braves fanatic so I’m hoping they can get it done.

Plus, its always nice when the NL wins the WS for obvious reasons.

In 2016, I bet $50 at 22:1 that the Braves would win the 2021 World Series. That bet has been quite a sweat over the past couple years, but I’m feeling pretty good right now.

7 Likes

Jerry Remy, Red Sox color commentator for last 35 years passed away.

I usually don’t get too emotional about celebs dying and Remy was no spring chicken and has been battling cancer on and off for years but this one fucking hurts.

2 Likes

The problem is really that a third of the league isn’t trying to win at all, and the reason they aren’t trying to win is because, unlike the NBA/NFL, the MLB rules allow them to do that. The luxury tax is almost silly in this regard since it would redistribute even more money to those assholes while still allowing them to spend the absolute minimum. Loria allegedly made around $500M using this scheme. Even when trying to lose on purpose (KC Royals) these teams sometimes manage to win.

RIP Remdawg. Was a fan when he was a player and I was a kid, and he and Orsillo were a huge part of the experience of watching the games on TV. #2 Boston sports broadcaster of all time (Johnny Most ldo).

3 Likes

I’ll be honest, I figured that clip would be overrated, a thing that just Sawx fans find entertaining, but it delivered. Orsillio cracking up was the best part. Also clutch were 'here comes the pizza" and Remy’s narration of the thrower’s plans for going to the game.

Well thats certainly a start

The next team that hires a manager who knows how to manage their pitching staff so, you know, they don’t have a scrub starting their elimination and/or clinching game will have my undying loyalty.

Good for the Barves I guess. Too bad Acuna Jr is missing it.