Major League Baseball (Part 1)

what great trickery. how about you just give him extra warm up pitches and still no one has to walk up the mound and covid it up.

the issue isn’t the managers agility, just the need for the ceremonial ball exchange.

A huge payout hits your bank account. Cool but then you’re right back at spamming thousands of dollars of shitty lineups in tournaments to find a unique that is underowned. Let’s just make the buy-in for the $3 tournament what it actually is to pros: $450.

Edit: It’s really easy to show. Check out the James ownership in the monster (52%) and compare to the rally (33%). When the stakes are higher and you can’t spam 150 lineup cards, the play is totally different. If you have a “sleeper” you feel strongly about in those tournaments, it really matters. When you allow people to submit a portfolio instead of lineup, it doesn’t matter.

Tradition >>> covid

I like hand building teams so I stick with 20-40 lineups generally. The other issue with DFS is there’s no restrictions on number of tournaments players can play, so you get the top pros in every $10 heads up or 10-max tourney or whatever.

They are making every mistake we made in the poker industry a 15 years ago, but people are greedy.

Yeah it’s like online poker on steroids. Also, they killed rakeback (around 2017) and the game isn’t that hard, so now it’s just more people spamming shit from optimizers. I’d honesty be surprised if it was beatable for more than a tiny ROI. Like one way dfs differs from poker is that in poker, you actually have to play your own hand and know what you’re doing.

When was the last time the Orioles were -200 or higher? Mike Boddicker days? Maybe Wednesday…

A lot of times the manager hasn’t decided if he’s gonna yank the pitcher or not. Especially if it’s an ace that wants to stay in the game.

1 Like

Isn’t that a purpose of having only east -vs- east/etc?

If one division-group schedule fails, the other two aren’t effected. Maybe we’re looking every team in the surviving four divisions, except the last place finisher, going to the 16-team playoffs.

Why the Reds in particular?

I would say that ‘a lot of the times’ is actually a very small percentage of the time.

City and Birdland gonna playoff with the expanded format.

kc and Os

1 Like

Ya, very few Verlander / Scherzer types left that can tell the manager to go fuck themself on the mound. You are right, the whole thing is a silly, silly ritual.

Yea I should have said sometimes. I don’t mind it. I like breaks so I can get food or go to the bathroom. A manager heading towards the mound buys me 30 extra seconds.

True, you gotta slow down the frantic pace of an MLB game whenever possible.

Just kidding of course, i get traditions and all. It just that the game is so slow by design, that eliminating unnecessary slow additions seem +ev to me. I would do something about the pitcher throwing to first 17 times in a row too if i had my way, but thats just communism

But that’s the design of MLB. Like, if it bothers you, why are you watching? Even if you changed it so the manager doesn’t walk to the mound, you are saving maybe 2-3 minutes over a 3 hour game. It’s irrelevant. And no pitcher throws over to 1st base 17x. C’mon. Maybe once a game a pitcher throws over 5x.

1 Like

Wait till you hear what I think about kicking and punting in football

They have multiple players with covid already and at least one played the game with covid and interacted with teammates, not to mention on plane and hotel and locker room and other places.

Also, nice job with Sunday at midnight so under a week.

They knew this opting in. Every player that plays a sport going forward knows there are going to be positive cases. Are u referring to the Reds or Marlins that knowingly played w a positive test?

They already have at least 3 with covid

The Reds

What player played knowing he was positive?