Major League Baseball (Part 1)

counterpoint:

One thing that concerns me about robit umps is pitchers will learn to take advantage. You might get some crazy ass pitches that start 3 feet behind a batter and cross all the way over and nick the strike zone. Or they lob it 20 feet high and lands on home plate for a strike.

that sounds cool

2 Likes

they used to call that a curveball

2 Likes

I feel like the outrage might provide some juice to a game that can be a bit bland at times.

This thread would have half the posts with robo umpires and no managers freaking out and going berserk.

Now if they could program the robo umpires to taunt the hitters after a strikeout or something…

Why use modern technology to call balls and strikes perfectly when we can simply rely on the eyes of middle-aged men to make a judgement call.

In fairness, middle aged men making judgement calls is kind of a key part of a lot of sports.

Team robo ump tho.

Reds and Angels been stylin’ coming all the way back to go over .500. Reds @ Brewers tonight who have been even hotter.

1 Like

There’s clearly clutch in Baseball tho

https://twitter.com/BlueJays/status/1404615614296211458

1 Like

Vladdy is good at hitting baseballs. Glad he’s on the Jays.

I think the machine should just measure spin rate and you get strikes for high spin rate.

Baseball is a shitty game and should be abolished.

(Note: I root for the Mariners.)

1 Like

That’s not what I’m talking about.

And of course they go on to choke anyway. So many heart breakers for the Jays this season.

I feel like the fact that multiple guys have a 90+ mph slider that breaks 12-18 inches should be evidence enough that pitchers are using something unnatural to grip a baseball.

The blue Jays outscored the Sox in the series by 17 runs. We’ll take the split!

Agree. I don’t think pitchers have suddenly learned a technique to put insane spin on the ball in the last few years, despite tinkering around with different grips and releases for decades prior. Much more likely they’ve learned how to use Spider Tack in the last few years to improve their spin rates. That’s the growing consensus, isn’t it?

Cracking down on sticky stuff, and then further deadening the baseball may get teams seeking more contact again rather than having literally everyone on their team swinging for the fences.

it’s totes adorbs that people just love to hate on me for no reason

thanks, yoru comment added a lot to the discussion

how is that a concern? it happens now too. at least now the call will be correct

Pitchers lob the ball so it lands on home plate?