Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Imagine if deGrom started cheating.

Is that good? He had double digits strikeouts yesterday too.

https://twitter.com/Angels/status/1401363213149630468

Stop posting that tweener’s highlights on deGrom day

1 Like

this guy? seems average.

https://twitter.com/Padres/status/1401369457205809152

The Musgrove guy on the other team seems to be a good pitcher. Maybe trade the two?

0 runs, 0 hits, 0 errors - NYM 0, SD 0
F. Lindor struck out looking
B. McKinney struck out looking
J. Peraza struck out swinging

Fancy positioning otherwise that’s an easy out.

Was stranded on 3rd like the broken shoulder loser he is .

If deGrom faced the Mets lineup it would be a 27k perfect game.

Also Musgrove is cheating while deGrom is not.

Can we get a Musgrove update?

He could have pooped his pants on the mound and it would be less embarrassing than the 4 pitches degrom just pitched “to” tatis. Man up, jesus

That’s what I’m telling the Mets forum and they’re poop emojing me

85 pitches? You used to make shit in this country.

Some Padre got thrown out for crying about an obvious strike

FB_IMG_1622983093119

1 Like

Cubs got some 29 year old dude from the minors and he’s hitting .450 with 7 home runs in 33 at bats.

I do enjoy how random this game is

1 Like

Stat padding

Stealing a base down 5 in the 8th.

La Russa would have you executed for less.

4 Likes

I would put a lot of money on the Mets winning the World Series.

At least the NL.

So this foreign substance thing is picking up a lot of steam and I honestly don’t have any clue if it’s legit or not, but I saw the story above how the ball was so gooped up that it was sticking to someone’s hand in the dugout. There are so many foul balls, ones that go into the opposing dugout, into the stands, etc. If pitchers were really gluing their fingers to the ball, wouldn’t it be super trivial to find this out like every game?

Seems more likely to me that the science has caught up to the game and pitchers have discovered how to improve spin rate rather than just either naturally having “great stuff” or not. Guess we shall see.

Everyone does it so no one wants to narc

But what about when you catch a foul ball from your favorite player and the ball that your rival threw is covered with slime? Seems like that would be discovered instantly? I dunno.

This is from a few years ago. Yadi couldn’t find the ball because it was stuck to his chest.