Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Maybe I don’t watch enough baseball but I really can’t tell the difference between the product now and ten years ago. Yeah, TTO is up like 6%. But I feel like if you ran an RNG where something occurred 36% of the time and another where it occurred 30% of the time I wouldn’t be able to tell which was which without tracking it.

I’ve been enjoying this baseball season, but I’m a also a Mets fan. In addition, I like pitchers’ duals.

My main complaint had been the crappy umpiring.

Always fun to watch Arietta get absolutely hammered.

40 pitches in the second inning and gave up two MAMMOTH homers

Snell’s got a good game going so far

1 Like

yeah, the mets can pull anyone out of a season long slump

1 Like

Damn couldn’t even get one out after I said that lol

quality fielding by Pham there too

1 Like

A pitcher in the women’s college World Series just threw a perfect game. She’s pitched back to back games and has struck out 30.

It’s her 21st birthday, too.

Thats amazing. What school?

Alabama

I played baseball up to pony league and started games at pitcher . I’ve always had ocd quirks and fiddled with the ball and had patterns of touching my hat and jersey a lot.

Yu’s movements looked a lot like that. Without personally inspecting the ball I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

Is that good baserunning? I’m new to this game.

https://twitter.com/BrodesMedia/status/1400995890974932992

In little league you’ll score 9 out of 10 times doing that because the catcher will throw it into CF.

Most likely they’ve seen the Javy play too many times now and think they can get away with trolling on the basepaths.

Looks like the runner thought the ball was getting by the catcher and when it didn’t, he had a brain freeze and didn’t sprint back to second (or just keep going to third). Slight variation: he thought it was getting by the catcher, but ended up in no man’s land and was fucked no matter what.

Looks like he was trying to make the next dance craze, like The Urkel

Looks like he thought he could get the catcher to throw the ball to 2nd but the catcher didn’t fall for it.

Also if you told me this happened and it was a PA team I would’ve gotten the answer wrong.

It’s a start. Finally.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/1401271228141379588

An ounce of cure is worth a pound of prevention i guess.

These fucking balls have glue on them. This can’t be that hard.

Starters are all going to start having new “lucky 6th inning gloves” if they only get checked when the pitcher leaves the game.