Major League Baseball (Part 1)

I mean it’s Opening Day and we already have a game canceled due to Covid.

I don’t mind the automatic runner. It’s similar to the NHL overtime rule having teams play 3 vs 3 (compared to the normal 5 vs 5).

My god wtf just happened in Dodgers game?

I’m still trying to figure it out

1 Like

I’m pretty sure my Tigers are now in Year 0 of their rebuild that started in 2018

2 Likes

I hate it. It skews the stats, but that’s really the least of the problems. Why not just do four outs or five outs in extra innings? Same stupidity. It changes the game dramatically. Runners aren’t supposed to just show up on second base just because its extra innings.

It does change the game in that it now makes the extra innings more like an Overtime! rather than just an extension of the game.

I’d rather have them try taking a couple guys off the field like they do in hockey.

1 Like

Encouraging a lot of scoring probably isn’t ideal if the overtime isn’t sudden death.:slight_smile:

Is ESPN using CGI or is there a shit load of fans at Coors Field?

Well, the Brewers won thanks to the extra inning rule, so I like it.

I actually do like it. Makes things more exciting right away and greatly reduces the chances of ridiculous, never-ending games. Teams with shutdown bullpens have a major advantage (not that they don’t normally have an advantage, but witness, say, Josh Hader today blowing everybody away and stranding the runner).

Yankees lost thanks to the extra inning rule, burn it all down. Baseball is ded to me.

Mass team hernia that puts them all out for the entire year?

I like it too and I’m a Yankees fan. Bullpens are now throwing out 5-6 guys that all throw 100 mph. Dude on the Jays almost had an immaculate inning stranding Judge on 2nd.

First time I’d seen Merryweather since I wasn’t watching last season, that was impressive. Strikes out the heart of the Yankee order like it’s nothing.

Lol same. I thought for sure the Yankees were gonna win. I was like “He’s their 5th reliever. How good can he be?”

You can’t pass someone on the base paths. So even though it was a home run, he was out for passing Tucker. But it’s still a home run, so everyone else scores.

Whelp, so much for Reds.
Maybe the Angels won’t suck.

1 Like

I think it would actually be scored as a single with the runners coming around to score.

Yea, that’s what it was ruled.