Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Nope!

1 Like

Huh, so he’s a choker AND a quitter I guess.

Back in my day Jack Morris pitched even when the so called doctors told him it might kill him. Sure, he gave up 7 runs in 4 innings but his steely resolve and rugged mustache inspired the offense to score 9 runs for the Win. Now that’s a HOFer!

5 Likes

Quality pitching staff on this dodger squad. Can totally see how they won all those games during the preseason

Yes things are going great.

Jesus, Braves almost:

Gotta ride our horses in the bullpen and put them away when we have the chance against this monster lineup. Tomlin and O’Day only if we happen to be getting blown out.

Watching Altuve develop the yips during the ALCS is a pleasant change of pace

1 Like

So I’ve seen this fuck around and find out thing a few times recently so I googled it. Regardless of how it started, it’s current usage appears to be primarily…very objectionable.

Dunno, I just saw a Lincoln Project guy use it on deplorables and kinda of liked it.

It’s actually interesting. There’s some Bernie FAAFO stuff, and some LGBTQ FAAFO stuff, but it’s mostly like

You mean before LAPD in 2000?

how awesome are the Rays? I googled and it seems they’re 28th in players payroll.

Rays are really smart. They definitely get their bang for their bucks.

What I mean by a “football like penalty” is this: The officials call an infraction on team A; after play concludes, Team B has the option to take the penalty -vs- let the play stand. Note that in the following situation, there is no option…

Runner on 1st, no out. Batter tips catcher’s mitt while hitting a single. Runner out at 3rd.

By rule, if the batter reaches 1st, and all runners advance, what would otherwise be catcher’s interference is ignored. However, if this isn’t the case, like this situation

Runner on 3rd, no out. Batter tips the catchers mitt, while hitting a fly ball caught by CF. Runner tags up and touches home.

The offensive team has this option: let the play stand (SF, run scored, bases empty, one out) -vs- take the penalty (CI, no run scored, runners at 1st and 3rd, no outs).

The remaining unanswered baseball rules trivia Qs are below. Warning: the dark side of the rule book is in play.

• #5. What happens if the batter due up is on base?
  • #20B ~NEW~. Outdoor stadium, night game, no overhanging gear… a fly ball is hit over the height of lights… it doesn’t land on the field of play, nobody sees it come down, nobody spots it on the ground afterwards. It just goes up… and never “comes down”. What happens?

Barves were running extremely hot with pitching. Last 2 innings have been something.

wat

Is it just me or does it look like they’re playing the dark? If I change channels the difference in brightness is blinding.

was an article how the Delmon young trade trickle down earlier this week still paying off out there where every trade they badly fleeced the other team. (cliff notes Young->Garza->Archer->LOLPIRATES)

Basically about 90% of the time the rays end up winning easily on the megatrades.

Holy fuck I just looked at the score and it’s the first inning.

11 runs in the first inning. 10 of them after 2 outs.

https://twitter.com/fangraphs/status/1316509683235123200