Major League Baseball (Part 1)

Yeah, it’s all an exercise in selling cloth.

However, two trends are working against. First, they might have reached a point where they are cannibalizing their own product lines. Remember NFL Color Rush? That was discontinued as a league wide promotion after the 2017 season.

Second, we’re about to see advertising on MLB unis. This is a done deal BTW. The future isn’t City Connect, it’s Nascar, This will be the new Card’s Jersey…

1 Like

That isn’t an actual mock up, right? Or is that a Nascar uniform?

Thats fucking hideous

Yeah, that’s official NASCAR gear.

I’m sure MLB, at first at least, will be more subtle. Perhaps something along the lines of the advertising the umps have been wearing for about a year now.

Yeah, the NHL has opened the door on jersey advertising and so far it is suitably subtle. They are sticking with smaller ads on helmets so far, and it doesn’t really change the way that things look. While watching a game you don’t even really notice it. Like this is a highly visible ad but it’s not “jarring” in the way of NASCAR ads.

Korean and Japanese baseball teams have been doing that for ages. Hell, so have European soccer leagues.

I’m actually kind of amazed it has yet to happen to American sports teams.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: National Basketball Association - GSW Champs Edition

Home run for those stats is 50/50 according to these guys

Too High

So the red sox pitcher today is called Kutter Crawford.

Maybe he’s a knuckleballer so it’s not a case of nominative determinism. ETA: Nope, dude throws a cutter, what a world.

1 Like

Probably retiring.

https://twitter.com/AdamMcCalvy/status/1538219564323962890?t=sljcKEQGoZQ64gEHjzMygQ&s=19

nice of them to let him hit 10 years first

Definitely sounds like he’s retiring. Not a big surprise, as he has been talking like this could be his final season. Great player, good dude.

https://twitter.com/AdamMcCalvy/status/1538219818146574337?t=2b9-hMwxZkx-7PkR7Zp9-g&s=19

It gives him the minimum service time to qualify for a full pension.

Yup. They’ve been making a big deal out of him hitting 10 years for about a week now. I think everyone involved knew this was coming.

Always loved Griffey’s swing. So smooth.

Like every other little league player, I would imitate it while practicing.

I miss Niehaus

The history of the Seattle Mariners by Secret Base is a must watch for Mariners fans

1 Like

We went off for dinner to celebrate when he left the Reds. The wife was so disappointed in all his injuries and lack of team success. KGjr is a dirty word in our house.