Magic: The Gathering or MTG or MTGA aka MTG Arena

It’s to the point now where I’m relieved to see a t3 uro. I think just cobra would fix the problem, but idk. Confident it won’t be Omnath.

Mega lame how they keep releasing OP shit that obviously needs to be banned but not doing so until have finished selling the packs for them. I’m losing my interest in Standard arena due to this and pretty ready to get off the ban treadmill.

1 Like

Limited magic is really awesome but yeah, standard always seems to be garbage. In the age of netdecks and wildcards I don’t think it’s possible to have a fun standard experience.

I never played standard, i played with friends before we knew what competitive magic was, and my first introduction to competive magic was legacy formats so I’m spending most of my time playing Historic currently. After these bans I’ll see how standard looks.

Also I got a draft token from the mastery pass and have done 1 draft in my life like 20 years ago. Whats the easiest strat in this draft?

Right now? Get all the double faced lands. People are running 20 lands and 25 spells in a 40 card decks because of all the doubling up. The archetypes in this set (strongest to weakest imo)

UG kicker with roost
BW clerics lifegain
UB rouges and mill
RW aggro / warriors
Everything else

BREAD is still kind of a thing and you can always draft to your rares but having the strong archetypes in mind is a good start.

1 Like

wat is BREAD

Bombs
Removal
Evasion
Aggro or average
Duds

1 Like

If you’re around and have screen sharing capability I wouldn’t mind spotting you in a draft. I was going to do it with jmakin but our schedules could never align (me being 10 hours behind didn’t help). If you’ve never drafted you should be in the bronze league and if I can’t help you take a deck to 7 wins vs bronze oppo’s I’ll be very disappointed.

yea i could be down for that. Whats your schedule like? I’m not doing it today, just wanted to get some info today. Where are you located that you are 10 hours behind?

UK, probably 8 hours rather than 10. If you’re east coast then I think it’s 6.

I’m central so 7 then i guess, yea maybe next weekend around this time or in the 3-4 hours before it.

also oven/familiar combo makes me want to hang myself

Uro caught the banhammer

1 Like

Does literally nothing positive for the format. Arguably makes 4c Omnath even better since it destroyed Sultai which had an ok omni matchup. I expect more bans soon

Yea I have been watching crokeyz? on twitch and he’s not very happy about it

No1 should be surprised. They will have to ban Omnath in like 3 weeks when its clear how format ruining it is but they’ll have sold most of their packs by then so yeah…

Just stop printing insane cards, omnath and uro are both insane, I hate seeing uro in historic. It’s not enough to get a free land and heal to help you ramp but also when it comes back into play. That alone would have been enough to be good but nah gotta make it get that trigger when he attacks as well so if you don’t kill him straight off he buries you, same for Kroxa except kroxa at least doesn’t help you accelerate to casting him while also delaying dying because of healing you. Oh and if you draw one later you can cast it and then again from the graveyard. Hilarious, having to have a few cards in the yard isn’t much of a restriction

Yep.

Anyway I’m having fun playing Omnath crab mill :crab:

This so much.

AMA about having the screen name “Elf” on MTGO.

1 Like