Louis Cyphre's Walrus - Reveal Thread

Nah,… your math checks out.

1 Like

When the old cook says “Fellas it feels good to know ya” - not gonna lie - I let out a few alpha man-tears. Gets me verlkempt every time.

2 Likes

FYI - the spotify link is wrong.

1 Like

lmao, I didn’t pick this one because I thought it was too obvious.

1 Like

Thanks. Fixed. I also added Lawnmower’s comment to his 2nd place writeup.

It probably would be if we were all US Boomers/Gen-X. But I think Louis is some kind of Euro right? So I took a chance.

2 Likes

…and they lived happily everafter.

Book%20Closing

2 Likes

My other choice.

Never heard that song before. I recognized the name Gordon Lightfoot and if asked me what type of music he makes I would have guessed country.

1 Like

Worthy winner, also Bob Dylan sucks

2 Likes

yeah, i legit thought this was a song everyone knew. I guess I live in a bubble!

Current standing:

It’s not even on his greatest hits for some stupid reason - probably rights. This is the biggest reason I have no sympathy for what happened to the record industry. They used to fuck us so bad when they could.

But it gets plenty of play on classic rock stations in the US.

Gordon Lightfoot is legit. I submitted a song written by him but recorded by another artist.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess it’s not this remix.

…or I live in an Atlantic sized bubble. I couldn’t believe ChriV didn’t know New Model Army.

In case you didn’t know it, The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll is based on true events.

It shouldn’t but it gets my blood boiling.

1 Like

I think you made the right choice.

It mean yeah it’s cryptic but that makes it more rewarding when you know what it’s about. Polly by Nirvana pretty similar in that regard. I really passionately dislike having everything spelled out exactly for me like a Wikipedia entry. Film is even worse about this. I mean, the proletariat have Toby Keith and Michael Bay if they need all of the dots connected. Just let me have a couple artists who don’t have to assume I’ve never read a single book or watched the news.

How do you interpret the line „Never going to get to France“?