Louis Cyphre's Walrus - Reveal Thread

I removed it. That was a link to your pm. I certainly hope no one but us can click on that and read it.

I must admit it was weird that you included dick pics. Very confused where you were going with that.

1 Like

I like his rapping, and the harps. Also I’ve never listened to the original until now :o It’s pretty good.

Here are the updated scores:

Does anybody volunteer to keep score from here on out?

My alternate submission.

1 Like

I planned to make that my submission for the next category. You can draw your own conclusions from that.

Notoriously difficult and suffered from occasional crippling stage fright. The band didn’t know if Van was going to make it and he came out among all these huge stars and just killed. If you notice he’s off the stage before the band finishes playing. Thus “Van the Man”.
Check out the Scorsese film “The Last Waltz” sometime.

1 Like

Name one.

The one she did with the Hellacopters?

Correction: Propellerheads

Say what? She’s just kind of growling here and her range was already shot when that song was recorded. I thought you would say Big Spender which has a lot of articulation and attitude. But that doesn’t have these huge belted choruses:

Like damn that is what I call carrying a song. Notice that she’s down a whole step here in this 1987 live version. The original from 1971 was in B minor but she’s doing this in A minor. Also,

Producer Harry Saltzman was said to strongly dislike the movie’s theme song, believing its lyrics to be suggestive, and largely a double entendre regarding the penis. The theme song was used at the insistence of Producer Albert R. Broccoli.

Btw for anyone just clicking the YouTube links, many are of dubious quality. I’m hearing a huge difference in that Propellerheads video and the Spotify version. Way more clarity in the highs and upper mids on a good set of headphones.

This was the other one I considered submitting, maybe I should have gone with it.

I think just Alison Krauss by herself should be enough to compete in this category?

sure but I was trying to avoid the “voice of an angel” route and it just blows my mind how well their voices work together, mainly because it’s not a collab you’d ever expect.

Taylor Swift and Def Leppard was a collab I wouldn’t expect.

In the category of probably too obvious but worthy of mention, Ann Wilson

2 Likes

I’ve seen Van Morrison live. He was complete shite. I’ve also seen Van Morrison live. He was absolutely superb. He basically came out in a hat and a bad mood, stood there, belted it out like a typhoon, then fucked off. Loved it.

2 Likes

Am deeply concerned. I think it’s evident I submitted three of the best songs ever, and I’m dead last! Statistical analysis suggests my songs would win any contest ~78.65% of the time, so seems a clear case of Russian hacking. I think its time to hand over the server and investigate Louis’s emails, just a question of integrity at this point.

3 Likes

I don’t get it. You like Van Morrison, a soul-based rock singer but don’t like either of the two greatest soul singers of all time…:man_shrugging:

Astral Weeks, Moondance and St Dominic’s Preview are all excellent btw. Now you’ve heard of Van Morrison you should give those albums a listen, in that order.

He’s got a huge catalogue - his Album "Astral Weeks’ is a thing of beauty - I think Rolling Stone might consider it one of the greatest albums of all time.

His Celtic Christian hymning is also surprisingly good.

I’m kind of embarrassed to ask, but can someone fill me in on what this game is? It seems fun.