LOL LAW

https://x.com/MikeSacksEsq/status/1799385175308275863?t=h3FIEsOKJq0Xg3aCnZrk2w&s=19

I do not myself believe that there was fraud in the counting of ballots or voting machine malfunctions. I do believe, however, that the unprecedented use of mail in voting over a period of many weeks, with the loss of the secret ballot, and drop boxes, produced a fundamentally illegitimate Biden victory in 2020 in Pennsylvania and elsewhere. I simply do not believe that in an honestly held traditionally run presidential election that Joe Biden would get 181,866 more votes for President in 2020 in Pennsylvania than Barack Obama got in 2008.

Cool cool

2 Likes

Uh, if you don’t believe there was fraud, what was dishonest about the election you fucking shit-stain?

1 Like

I think he’s going for the “there wasn’t fraud but it’s illegitimate because people shouldn’t be able to vote by Dropboxes or mail

Edit: gotta be same day in person or doesn’t count yo

Guys it’s absolutely impossible that a different candidate with a different race from the same party could receive an extra 1.4% of Pennsylvania’s population’s votes 8 years later. Stop the steal.

3 Likes

The guy from Pennsylvania should actually get less votes than the guy not from Pennsylvania

I can’t believe that Obama 2008 got a higher percentage of the vote than Biden 2020 in Illinois and Hawaii.

trial went off the rails… alleged ex parte meetings between the judge, the prosecution, and a sworn witness. judge more concerned with how the defense ended up with the information of the meeting. holds the lawyer in contempt because he won’t reveal who alerted him to the meeting. just general craziness in a case that basically no one fully understands the legal theory of the charges anyway.

https://x.com/ThuggerDaily/status/1800225238904684831

lol the wire was way less insane

I just started watching clips from the trial the last few days, and it has always been off the rails. Judge just going hard at lawyers on both sides, lawyers clapping back and accusing the judge of doing all sorts of improper stuff, lawyers going at each other’s integrity and calling for them to be disbarred. Never seen such animosity amongst all parties.

This is a great nerdy legal way to insult the judge:

“How about the witness, how about Mr. Copeland, who supposedly announced that he’s not testifying and he’ll sit for two years and, supposedly this honorable court, or let me rephrase that, this court, said I can hold you until the end of this trial,” Steel asked.”

I’m no law-talkin’ guy but even I know that the judge and prosecution meeting secretly with a witness is no bueno.

But it also seems certain that the witness is in private communication with the defense as well, not sure how else they’d have found out about the secret meeting.

Parties are generally allowed to have private conversations with witnesses. Witness just has to disclose them if asked (which other party can then use at trial to impeach their credibility/bias). Judge on the other hand is not typically allowed to have ex-parte conversations with anyone (witnesses, parties, attorneys).

I wouldn’t be surprised if YT is allowed an interlocutory-appeal (meaning he doesn’t have to wait till trial over) on this point and judge is ordered to be removed. It’s just so blatantly improper. I also don’t see what basis he has to demand YT’s lawyer tell him who told him about the meeting and hold him in contempt for not doing so.

1 Like

It is amazing how Trump can be like

Fuck this court, you’re a bullshit partisan judge who is rigging everything against me"

and we get

For the 1000th time Mr. President, insult me as much as you like but if you insult any of my employees I will fine you $100

And here is a lawyer for a young black man pointing out a judge did something grossly unethical and the judge is just like

F U straight to jail for complaining

5 Likes

That’s all I could think about when I heard this story.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/texas-court-favored-by-conservatives-pause-transferring-cases-elsewhere-2024-06-17/

June 17 (Reuters) - A federal court in Texas that has become a favored destination for conservatives suing to block President Joe Biden’s agenda on Monday adopted a new rule that would automatically pause decisions by judges to transfer cases to other jurisdictions.

A majority of judges on the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas approved a rule that would stay for 21 days any decisions to transfer civil cases to courts outside of the jurisdiction of the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.

The rule will take effect on Sept. 3, absent any changes in response to public comment, according to an order, opens new tab by Chief U.S. District Judge David Godbey, and would at that time slow down transfers orders that without a stay can happen swiftly.

The rule will make it more difficult for the Biden administration to avoid defending against lawsuits in the Northern District, whose small courthouses in cities like Amarillo and Forth Worth have become a favored venue for challenges to its policies.

The one or two active federal judges in both of those two cities were appointed by Republican presidents and often rule in the favor of Republican state attorneys general and conservative activists on issues like abortion, immigration and gun control.

One of those judges, Matthew Kacsmaryk in Amarillo, last year suspended approval of the abortion pill mifepristone. The U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday unanimously reversed the lower-court rulings that would have restricted access to the pill.

The U.S. Judicial Conference in March sought to curb so-called “judge shopping” of such lawsuits to these one-or-two judge courthouses by adopting a policy that called for lawsuits challenging federal or state laws to be assigned a judge randomly throughout a federal district.

But the policy was non-binding, and Godbey in a letter to Democratic Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer in late March said his court had decided at this time not to implement it, meaning cases stay in the small courthouses, or divisions, they are initially filed absent an order transferring them.

The new rule staying transfers came amid a high-profile fight over whether a banking industry lawsuit challenging the U.S. Consumer Financial Protection’s rule capping credit card late fees at $8 should remain in Texas or go to Washington, D.C.

U.S. District Judge Mark Pittman, an appointee of Republican former President Donald Trump in Fort Worth, has twice tried to transfer the case to a judge in D.C., only to have the New Orleans-based 5th Circuit direct him to keep the case.

The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas has also played host to similar venue fights and in February adopted its own rule, opens new tab staying transfers to courts outside the 5th Circuit for 21 days.

https://www.wsj.com/finance/bankruptcy-court-houston-jones-freeman-dbba77e9?mod=mhp

https://x.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1803975618687832451?t=xX_Hj0mEc9FPLc6w754ZvQ&s=19

1 Like

Hmm let’s see how “fuck you no” with 75 appeals works w the Swiss.