LOL LAW

So all we need to know about how to feel about an issue is how triggered you get by thinking about it?

this is where the cynicism reveals itself tho.

fwiw I tend to lean towards your way of thinking with respect to how things are going to turn out. but it’s just biblically ponderous at this point to immediately interpret and forecast literally everything that happens in the worst way possible. especially if you consider how much that has happened that not many expected ever to.

4 Likes

I think his base is more likely to be incited by him being in jail than by him nibbling around the edge of the gag orders.

Clovis is much better informed than most Americans.

That’s a fair criticism of my side for sure that I honestly hadn’t really thought of overall. I don’t think we account enough the inherent chaos/variance in the system especially given the GOP is mostly designed to amp it up as much as possible. That said, it’s hard to see how that instability would result in a good outcome. Seems like the instability favours their side mostly.

1 Like

I never accused him of being uninformed. I just think he’s an incorrigible pessimist with a severe case of selection bias

Top 5% for sure. Also, non Americans tend to know more about our culture than most Americans ever will or care to learn about theirs. I find American exceptionalism to be pretty embarrassing as an American

Just LOL lefties buying this horseshit that Trump in jail is good for Trump. It might be good for him grifting his idiot base of 30% of the country but normal people assume people in jail are there because they are criminals which is why every poll done indicates he will get less votes if and when he is convicted. Not to mention it’s pretty obviously in the public interest to shut down the threats of violence against the families of judges.

2 Likes

U now wat makees A river

Is a russian proverb

Was totally unforseeable Trump would do this at the outset, fucking imbeciles

https://x.com/klasfeldreports/status/1774951525967642642?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

So, family members of jurors or prospective jurors are still fair game?

1 Like

Holy shit a rich old guy is finally being held accountable!

HAHAHAHAHA just kidding

https://www.wsj.com/us-news/law/british-billionaire-joe-lewis-avoids-prison-time-in-u-s-insider-trading-case-7d079683?mod=mhp

British billionaire Joe Lewis won’t serve prison time for his role in an insider-trading scheme, a New York federal judge said Thursday, citing the businessman’s advanced age and poor health as reasons for not imposing a sentence of incarceration.

A federal judge on Thursday sentenced a man linked to a Southern California white supremacist group to time served after he admitted to punching a journalist at a pro-Trump rally in 2017.

U.S. District Judge Cormac J. Carney on Thursday sentenced Tyler Laube to time served, totaling 35 days he had spent in pretrial custody.

Prosecutors had recommended a six-month sentence.

Laube pleaded guilty last year to a misdemeanor charge for repeatedly punching a journalist — identified only as F.T. — who was covering the Huntington Beach rally.

Carney earlier this year dismissed criminal charges against two accused members of the Rise Above Movement, his second time doing so in five years. The judge ruled that Robert Rundo and Robert Boman were being selectively prosecuted, while “far-left extremist groups” were not.

In a sentencing memorandum distributed at Laube’s hearing, Carney, a George W. Bush appointee, again criticized the prosecution of only Rise Above members, “ignoring individuals associated with Antifa and related far-left groups.”

“Sentencing Mr. Laube to additional incarceration would only increase the disparity between his punishment and the lack of punishment (and prosecution) members of far-left groups who have committed the same violent conduct received,” Carney wrote in his memo.

“No doubt, the government and others will object to the Court’s sentence, focusing entirely on Mr. Laube’s past white supremacist beliefs and ignoring the violent conduct of Antifa and similar groups.”

“Ignoring antifa”

Good lord. We have an entire generation of Fox News inhaling morons in charge of our legal system.

1 Like

Thankfully, this guy is retiring in like a month.

Conservatives haven’t captured the two layers of appeals needed to effect their policy preferences just to let a thing like norms get in the way

https://twitter.com/RMFifthCircuit/status/1780762077541404988?t=sQre4mWxmdzKjrbBRVHIKg&s=19

Special shout out to that dipshit Leahy for single-handedly enabling this to happen.