LOL LAW

Dunno man Clarence pretty happy to get that 150k bag for his kid.

https://twitter.com/JustinElliott/status/1654063623147225089?t=yagnXJLk879gpIOfGe5Mzg&s=19

Wasn’t Clarence’s actual kid? Than wtf is the problem. (Anticipating the justification).

I’ve got no broad problem with billionaires buying the Supreme Court, but the specific manifestation here is pretty lame imo. If I had a justice in my back pocket I would make them put references to 420 and dogecoin in every opinion they write.

2 Likes

This is more egregious than the vacations by a long shot. This is not something “friends” normally do for each other.

Thomas and Alito might lean into this. Nothing is going to happen, may as well just start auctioning off votes. They would absolutely get away with it.

Dems should play this game. Offer Kavanaugh a $1 billion job if he quits SCOTUS as that’s definitely not any more illegal that what Crow is doing. Maybe you get lucky and he takes it - at worst you destroy the credibility of the court.

Dems suck at this stuff though, they’d give him the billion and then he’d refuse to resign.

2 Likes

Is this even technically illegal?

Why would you take a billion to leave the job when you can quite clearly earn a billion and keep the job.

If Kav doesn’t have a job, he can drink more hours per day.

Bird in hand

Don’t threaten me with a good time

Random question for the lawyers.

Why the hell are your laws so long?!?!

I’ve been doing some work in the US so getting into US environmental law and it’s insane how long your laws are, in terms of text. Some are hundreds and hundreds of pages.

In Canada, most our laws are less than 100 pages.

As if anyone reads the US ones. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I think you answered your own question haha

1 Like

That’s what happens when your laws are literally written by lobbyists.

2 Likes

You’re probably reading regulations, which are similar to but different from laws. Laws are passed by Congress and are in the United States Code (USC), as in 35 USC 312, regulations are adopted by agencies to implement laws and are in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), eg, 49 CFR 142.

I’m reading both. Both are insanely long.

Some are very short!

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Would’ve been nice if the guys responsible for that gem had spent a little more time explaining their intentions.

10 Likes

Or at least used correct grammar, like wtf is that shit

Fix your commas or use some parentheses or something, damn

US lawyers are much more sophisticated than non-US lawyers, so our laws are better.

4 Likes