LOL LAW

if it makes you feel better, most “insiders” dont understand either. it’s like the boogeyman of lawschools everywhere.

eta- i hadn’t seen what you were talking about when i responded, but im guessing this is about Disney uses the “declaration shall continue until twenty one years after the death of the last survivor of the descendants of King Charles III, King of England livings as of the date of this declaration”

i dont understand how this hamstrings Desantis takeover plan though. the covenant only applies to them not being able to use the Disney name or any of the Disney IP without express permission from disney. they can still govern and maintain/fail to maintain the infrastructure… seems like desantis wanted to impersonate disney and use their name for his own will

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1641438679460872192

1 Like

Nothing screams pro-life like making pregnant women forego routine healthcare checks if they can’t afford it.

Northern District of Texas, he haw! Lose in Congress, win in court!

Regarding the extension thing, it’s a routine professional courtesy that judges expect. They expect it in part because they don’t want to have to decide contested motions on routine continuances. It’s a waste of everyone’s time.

Plaintiffs lawyers who sue insurance companies are often less ethical than the insurance companies. I just got an insurance company to cover cost of legal defense on a completely bogus liability claim against a client when the client previously told me that weren’t covered for the issue. I mainly just asked nicely to the lady who decides coverage questions.

Just got back from an hour long hearing before a newish Biden judge. She issued a 15 page tentative decision before the hearing (client won) and then held an hour long hearing on defendant’s motion to dismiss. Doubt she’ll be able to keep up that pace on all her cases for another year (as she gets more cases). She did the same thing on a prior motion. Taxpayers getting a bargain with her.

3630C856-7D2C-48D2-9E04-FB7B8904D763

4 Likes

Lol law lololololol Thomas

IN LATE JUNE 2019, right after the U.S. Supreme Court released its final opinion of the term, Justice Clarence Thomas boarded a large private jet headed to Indonesia. He and his wife were going on vacation: nine days of island-hopping in a volcanic archipelago on a superyacht staffed by a coterie of attendants and a private chef.

If Thomas had chartered the plane and the 162-foot yacht himself, the total cost of the trip could have exceeded $500,000. Fortunately for him, that wasn’t necessary: He was on vacation with real estate magnate and Republican megadonor Harlan Crow, who owned the jet — and the yacht, too.

For more than two decades, Thomas has accepted luxury trips virtually every year from the Dallas businessman without disclosing them, documents and interviews show. A public servant who has a salary of $285,000, he has vacationed on Crow’s superyacht around the globe. He flies on Crow’s Bombardier Global 5000 jet. He has gone with Crow to the Bohemian Grove, the exclusive California all-male retreat, and to Crow’s sprawling ranch in East Texas. And Thomas typically spends about a week every summer at Crow’s private resort in the Adirondacks.

The extent and frequency of Crow’s apparent gifts to Thomas have no known precedent in the modern history of the U.S. Supreme Court.

These trips appeared nowhere on Thomas’ financial disclosures.

1 Like

What a piece of shit

https://twitter.com/justinelliott/status/1643936491528151043?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

2 Likes

literally nothing will happen

pointless to even discuss

1 Like

the Dems could EASILY investigate this shit in committee or whatever but they will choose not to

2 Likes

Hey founders, where’s the check and balance on a nakedly corrupt piece of shit Supreme Court justice?

And run the risk of politicizing the Supreme Court?

4 Likes

take a second and think about what would happen if Sotomayor was jetting around on Soros’s jet

The same as a nakedly corrupt piece of shit president: impeachment.

Or to put it another way: nothing. Even if Democrats won every senate race in 2024 (including LOL places like Wyoming and Utah), they still wouldn’t have a 2/3rds majority to convict.

1 Like

Disagree with that. Pointing that that supposedly impartial justices who just so happen to vote to for billionaires have been flying in private jets, going to private retreats, vacations with billionaires is great political fodder. Whether Democrats will do anything about it, even rhetorically, is still to be seen

https://twitter.com/patblanchfield/status/1643951811886297089?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

3 Likes

Ship wreck one time.

For years, Thomas has received fawning praise for living simply and avoid the trappings of the office. One of the frequently-cited anecdotes was that, instead of lavish vacations, he liked to drive his RV around the country and hang out in Walmarts. It turns out that one of the ways that story was promoted was in a documentary funded by the guy who was paying for all these swanky trips on the Gulfstream.

2 Likes

Crow is a nepo baby.

https://twitter.com/SMB_Attorney/status/1644012211394732033?s=20

Yikes - do law firms actually act like this?

Depends on the firm. I find some of that hard to believe to be true. For example #8 and #9 are laughably stupid concepts that any attorney at my firm would never subscribe to.