LOL LAW

As in…8 months from now. Lololol

https://twitter.com/anacabrera/status/1468266323599892480?s=21

1 Like

With continuances, that should be enough time for the GOP to take the House and disband the committee. Well done.

6 Likes

Right, but there is no (currently permissible, lol law) way to get the extra $10 billion they shipped to offshore trusts. So lawyers keep billing but no actual good result is likely.

Better ruling would be to extract a pound of flesh from each family member.

How about we just feed them an ever increasing daily dose of oxy

And then lock them together in a room for a week with a 3 day supply.

4 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/rebeccakmccray/status/1475134633473978370

Jesus fucking Christ.

9 Likes

So awful the courts have not made that behavior unlawful by the government.

They could offer you a billion dollars to carry a package and get you to plea to 2 years.

A judge expressed bafflement Thursday that Assembly Speaker Robin Vos had turned over so few documents about a Republican review of the 2020 election.

The liberal group American Oversight is asking Dane County Circuit Court Judge Valerie Bailey-Rihn to hold Vos in contempt of court for not producing all documents in response to requests it has filed under the state’s open records law.

Bailey-Rihn said Thursday she would not hold anyone in contempt of court for now because she doesn’t know how thoroughly Vos and his aides searched for documents they are required to make public.

1 Like

Hey remember that plot to kill the governor of Michigan? Yeah, that was a law enforcement entrapment as well.

https://twitter.com/BoltzmannBooty/status/1477339386866200577

1 Like

I remember something similar happening in Canada a while back. Some poor vulnerable guy was basically radicalized by undercover cops and then was arrested for plotting a terrorist attack that he would never be capable of doing otherwise.

Found an article about it:

isn’t this simply what the defense is claiming at this point, or is it actually established or reported by someone?

I read a bit more about it and you can make a case in either direction. I mean this guy Adam Fox aka “Captain Autism” paid an undercover agent $4,000 to buy explosives that they were supposedly going to use to blow up a bridge. But then, if the undercover agent hadn’t been there, do any of them have a clue how to get hold of explosives? I am pretty uncomfortable with this sort of thing:

The defense also wants to use statements by a paid informant who allegedly reported to the FBI that he was making no progress, stating: " ‘Right, but yea, and I keep trying to push, press on them where are you guys wanting to go with this? Because I’m wanting (to) know are you wasting my time in a sense?’ "

Still, the defense maintains, “the FBI continued to push its plan” in telling its informants to prod the defendants into carrying out a plan that involved a “human target” — not just attacking a brick-and-mortar structure.

For example, on June 6, 2020, an informant embedded in the group told others: “You can’t just grab brick and mortar. Without a … human to go with it, you’ve done nothing but grab brick and mortar.”

Here is Fox discussing abducting the governor:

Because if we do this, it’s going to have to go down like, it’s going to have to be like movie-type shit man. And we come in on motherf------ boats and get the bitch, take her on a boat in the middle of the lake load her up on a helicopter and get her to the middle of that f------ area.

I mean, they don’t have boats and a helicopter. Would this guy participate in a violent plot, if placed in the right circumstances? Sure seems that way. Does he have the mental capacity to execute a plot like that and convince others to participate, if there weren’t undercover agents there offering to sell him explosives? Not so sure. There are a lot of mentally unstable people out there who could be led down the garden path with 12 undercover agents and informants indulging their fantasies of being a combat operator.

there was a really old story on npr when early war on terror the cia sought out a dumb guy to buy a missile or something, in hopes he might connect with an actual terrorist to sell it to. and when it didn’t pan out, they pretended to be a buyer as well and then charged the mark. it was early war on terror timeframe, and the ultimate outcome was that the guy was convicted and it was a gigantic waste of government resources that didn’t make anyone safer, and bad publicity for us attorneys offices for literally years.

the problem here is that there is an externality of violent propaganda radicalizing adam foxes in every state, and they have easy access to guns, etc. so investigations are probably useful. however dumb their kidnapping plans are, they can nonetheless result in violence. but the incentives to charge and not are very screwed up.

There is a reason that all US terrorism and mass shooter incidents since 9-11 were either solo or related to their conspirator. Would be terrorists know the FBI is sniffing around but they don’t know who they can trust

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1478159671596699648?t=3V71LP4yqqKobNJdRicpDg&s=19

1 Like

Guilty-not guilty-no verdict: 4-4-3.

Some people are arguing for no jail time because it serves no purpose. Ok but in the justice for Holmes fantasy there isn’t also clemency for people who aren’t rich white blonde ladies so I’m fine with the max. I seriously doubt she’ll be languishing in the system anywhere near that long.