LOL Democrats - Tik Tok on the clock, but the party don't stop

https://twitter.com/fraude_101/status/1664953643777523712?s=46&t=RKQIqRrKzVps835SSEmebA

8 Likes

Whoooooo boy

@Riverman

IMG_1493

6 Likes
3 Likes

Shocker

nvm. i misunderstood

What are the Unstuck cliffs on Robert Kennedy Jr. as a presidential candidate?
Starting to see Jack and a few other tech bros surprisingly stan for him, so Iā€™m sure he canā€™t be popular around these parts?

Lol anti-vaxxer. And by anti-vaxxer, not just COVID, but someone who believes vaccines cause autism. Also AIDS denialism. In theory supports a lot of things to the left of Biden, butā€¦no, justā€¦no. I canā€™t take him seriously.

2 Likes

This made me think of a hypothetical. An antivaxxer president that also supported universal healthcare (ignoring the unlikeliness of this combo) would probably be a net positive on national health compared to a regular Democrat.

In theory this is possible, in reality an anti-vaxxer that supports universal healthcare is going to institute a national program that bans science based treatments but the government will pay to have someone evaluate your chakras.

2 Likes

Weā€™re never winning the Senate back until like 2028 if ever so who cares

Good thing the GOP will never eliminate the filibuster

1 Like

So #MarianneWilliamson2024 ?

1 Like

What about a racist who also supported universal health care?

Also an unlikely combo but probably better than most democrats, assuming ā€œuniversal health careā€ means ā€œuniversalā€ and not ā€œfor white peopleā€. But thatā€™s a less interesting hypothetical, I was more interested in how the negative health impact of promoting antivax compared to the positive health impact of universal healthcare, with my assumption being that the latter is greater.

Promoting antivax with the biggest bully pulpit is much more harmful for public health than the difference between Obamacare and UHC. It would likely lead to removal of requirements for mandatory vaccines to attend school which in turn would lead to public health crises the universal system wouldnā€™t be able to bear.

This is apart from the even more problematic issue with embracing irrationalism.

I feel like thereā€™s a huge amount of uncertainty around this.

No doubt some people are going to lose benefits, but the CBO projects a net increase in SNAP spending:

Republicans, in response, are just covering their ears and saying ā€œno it wonā€™tā€:

ā€œThe estimates are wrong. Theyā€™re just wrong,ā€ Rep. Garret Graves, R-La., said in a news conference Wednesday alongside his fellow GOP negotiator Rep. Patrick McHenry of North Carolina.

In addition to the CBOā€™s analysis, a Wharton analysis comes to a similar conclusion:

rfkjr lunacy doesnā€™t bother me as a likely risk, but iā€™m actually pretty rattled that cheryl hines is involved in this.