LOL Democrats - Tik Tok on the clock, but the party don't stop

This isn’t about right now. How many deals in a row have they made where they get paid way more than the median US worker and get no sick days? If the file don’t like the way the rank are representing them, they should do something about that.

Not coincidentally, I bet a huge percentage of American workers would snap call $160K a year and no paid sick days compared to their current job.

1 Like

this does not answer my questions

Not to mention that if an engineer decides hes sick in the middle of a run, it’s not just his train that stops, it’s the whole line

I agree with this. The reason I’m not up in arms over this is that I am not convinced that a strike succeeds. In a way, a strike is warfare and a tactic of last resort, but to do it you should have a reasonable chance of success. Is a failed strike and a less favorable deal being opposed better or worse for the labor movement?

This is why it’s bad to not support pro sports unions because you think it’s millionaires vs billionaires.

They should do something like reject a deal they don’t like?

They’re treating labor as a commodity and trying to apply the concept of just-in-time inventory to labor. Prioritizing efficiency in this way and having no redundancy to absorb variance in calling out leads to this situation. I can understand how nursing presents difficulty because you need trained nurses. Are railroad workers so skilled that it’s hard to hire more?

1 Like

„decides“?

4 Likes

Do you think rail workers are overpaid for what they do, training required etc? Do you think highly paid people shouldn’t be able to strike?

1 Like

Talking about how railroad workers are paid a lot is like saying that actually people with college degrees don’t need student debt relief because they make more money than people who didn’t go to college.

1 Like

Would you consider it less/more important to society and workers rights as a whole? Or do you consider strike action of one group as irrelevant to how much low income workers get paid?

I’m not 100 percent sure on private sector employees, but at least int he public sector, there is nothing compelling people who are hired to union jobs to actually join the union, or pay union dues. There used to at least be agency shop agreements where people who weren’t in the union still had to pay the dues so they couldn’t “free-ride,” but Janus destroyed that.

I mean, that’s almost certainly not true if you account for the enormous ongoing capital requirements.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/elmforkJBGC/status/1598829901624520704?t=lDx93EHkIlAgZVbAwhzmJw&s=19

3 Likes

If we’re gonna give people passes based on that, I’d be shocked if Trump wasn’t personally pro-choice.

*passed

1 Like

:vince2:

1 Like

This is a warning, do not spread moderation arguments outside the About Moderation thread.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: About Moderation

Ok to be safe, I removed anything you could construe as a moderation argument

1f76093c80d499321ec702e811bcce80e4ca7b8d

3 Likes

No

1 Like
1 Like

They do speak for the electoralist-wing of DSA which ruthlessly threw bureaucratic wrenches in all the serve-the-people direct actions that briefly made DSA popular

They just want to be the ground game for politicians, and they’re all trust fund PMC Buttigeig types with more time and resources than the DSA apparatus they’re dismantling

They never gave people all the money they raised for Charlottesville victims