LOL Democrats - Tik Tok on the clock, but the party don't stop

Referral to the Justice Department for criminal charges is basically the strongest measure allowable by law. So, your options are that or go outside the law.

1 Like

Not true. Inherent contempt.

I have a lawbro-ish sense of the practicality of using inherent contempt. The reason to do it would be for the PR value of having the House run a show trial for contempt charges, delaying any legislation that needs action.

Just give up now and stop wasting time with hearings that are not going to lead to anyone important doing real jail time. Focus on legislation or whatever it is you people do besides drafting sternly-worded letters at Trump slappie.

They are somehow way, way worse at doing legislation.

Not sure if this belongs here but it seems as good a place as any.

I seem to have in my possession an authentic Strongly Worded Letter!!!

16 Likes

Wait up has been a thing for two years? Wtf

2 Likes

Seems about right.

We were here during the very beginnings of COVID-19 and that was almost 2 years ago now.

I wouldnā€™t doubt it. Had never seen it before. Thatā€™s actually my first piece of political mail from somebody across the country.

1 Like

Fuck.

start in June or July of 2019, crazy

Yeah doesnt seem real

That was July 19

Fucking pandemic has completely fucked up time

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1453864580627697667?s=21

1 Like

Awesome

A Youngkin win wouldnā€™t surprise me at all. His supporters are absolutely rabid and my experience has been in the liberal leaning suburbs of northern VA. Iā€™ve thought heā€™s been likely to win for a while, based entirely on feels. So it may be confirmation bias, but this poll seems legit.

1 Like

currently in the betting markets this is a coinflip, but thereā€™s a ton of money to be made if you believe this, not just this but Rā€™s in other markets will also shoot up.

If VA ainā€™t solidly blue, then they donā€™t have to worry about getting 50 senators to agree on anything for quite some time.

Isnā€™t every election about turnout now? I absolutely believe Democrats are in trouble here but it has to be true that the ballgame is whether MAGA shitheads actually turn out when he isnā€™t on the ballot.

https://twitter.com/waitingonbiden/status/1453765918333579271?s=21

5 Likes

Someone called into the majority report and say they travel all around Virginia for work and the suburbs, which Biden won in 2020, were red as hell with signs.

I mean we would get crushed even without voter suppression because lol democrats

I heard Youngkin speak the other day and I got a little nervous. He sounds ā€œreasonableā€ and thatā€™s all most Virginians will need to vote for him without embarrassment. He may be competitive with DeSantis. Seriously.

My spider sense (Bedford VA) is telling me McAuliffe gonna get crushed. The old timers are weary of him.