LOL Democrats - Tik Tok on the clock, but the party don't stop

Bro’s been skipping leg day.

4 Likes

Agreed that none of them should be trading, and it’s a particularly bad look for him.

A) During the campaign, he said it would be

B) If he’s spent most of his career as a “public servant” [Federal Prosecutor, Congressional staffer, etc.], most of his $ should already have been in one, imo.

I’ve never had to move a quarter of a billion into a blind trust, but seems like he could have gotten it done by now if he actually wanted to.

Why does NYC continue electing cartoonishly horrible mayors?

https://twitter.com/tweetbenmax/status/1653868329705041921?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

Is this the same story, or a different person killed in the subway?

Same one

Edit: just realized it wasn’t a cop, I just assumed it was cuz of the chokehold thing but nah just some rando and of course somehow he’s not arrested

Just some ex-vet who no doubt favours himself as a cop

I’m sorry but this board is off the rails. He was not just “aggressively asking” for food. He threatening to hurt people up to the point he would get a life sentence (aka he was threatening to kill them) and had a history of actually assaulting people.

The guy started a fight in which he ended up dying is absolutely the right framing of this story.

2 Likes

Here’s an update on that story

1 Like

Chokehold for 15 minutes? That’s homicide. If the guy choked him until he was unconscious and then stopped and the guy died from that it would be a different story. Once you cut blood from the brain for 15 minutes death is almost assured.

4 Likes

As it should be. A properly applied blood choke will cause loss of consciousness in about 15 seconds.

Holding it for 15 minutes is homicide no question.

1 Like

Homeless people are liberal’s trans people.

2 Likes

it definitely isnt this. if you get to murder ever homeless/mentally ill person for talking loudly i’d probably get to kill 2-3 people a day on my walk to the convenience store.

aggressively choking someone for 15 plus minutes is an attempt to kill them, that goes far beyond any possible justification.

1 Like

If the guy intended to kill him rather than just detain him then agree its murder. Disagree with the suggestion that some people get to threaten to kill or assault other people all day and functionally nothing can be done about it.

1 Like

There’s a large gap between “functionally nothing” and “15-minute choke out until they die” and I assume everyone on this board resides somewhere in that gap, so I’m not sure what your point is

8 Likes

Yeah, very large. There were other people holding the guy down too. How does no one suggest the guy let up on the 15 minute choke hold. Don’t people know that you need to breathe in order to live?

There’s some very fucked up psychology happening here with it being a group of people.

1 Like

Obviously this was excessive. One fact that has come across in some of the reporting is that the deceased person was kicking his legs and swinging his arms while in the choke hold. I think you can see some of this in the video, but I’m not sure how long it lasted. The people restraining him might have thought he was still struggling, and that the choke hold was not effective, when he was really just dying. Maybe a medical professional could weigh in here.

2 Likes

I don’t know about NYC but the press in Toronto has been whipping everyone into a panicked frenzy about Vicious Attacks On Innocent Subway Travelers for the past few years. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a group of commuters kill someone they perceive as a threat. People are worked up about it here.

There’s a famous case of subway vigilantism in NYC in the 80s. I hope that’s not where we’re headed. (Crime today is much lower than in the 80s.)

I don’t know anything about the 24 year old who did the choking, but people fancying themselves MMA fighters nowadays and demonstrating their rear naked choke might be a factor.

1 Like