LOL Democrats - Tik Tok on the clock, but the party don't stop

What the fuck.

This was back when everyone was on the Centrist Badwagon. “I like libertarian books!” was just stupid genuflecting toward Biden AKA Lord Reach Across The Aisle.

Color me shocked that Abrams doesn’t pass the progressive purity test.

1 Like

I am not the biggest Stacey Abrams fan but the story that kicked off this discussion seems completely meaningless.

1 Like

That’s exactly what they want you to think!

When we normalize moderate grifting Democrats we get more Eric Adamses in progressive strongholds and they fuck tons of shit up. Can’t do it.

1 Like

you are a billionaire slurper and an enemy of everything that is good in this world

elaborate

1 Like

Its less about the book than the author. Card has some pretty awful views

Copied from the Trump thread

What better way to get Trump for his tax shit than to release his returns as a 1 gig zip file that only the nerdiest of nerds are going to bother looking at. Give us the tl;dr, ya goofs.

1 Like

They kind of did that though didn’t they? He paid no taxes in 2020 etc?

According to the NYTimes he paid a ton, he just also claimed enough losses for the year that he ended up owing $0

Seems like the worst thing for Trump to come out of this is the whole “Why wasn’t he actually being audited” thing which makes it pretty easy for people to write it off as a nothingburger witch hunt.

Not really a LOL but not sure where to put it, Stabenow retiring creating another open/somewhat competitive Senate seat for the '24 cycle.

18 Likes

why is hochul trying to die on the hill of this conservative judge nomination? she knew months ago that he didnt have the votes. is it some kind of quid pro quo she has to pay out, or just an attempt at a show of strength power play?

seems so wild. especially when the same court having conservative members most likely cost democrats the house is the most recent election…

to go back to this… the judge lost his committee hearing today 10-9… which is a bit of a mislead because it was 10 no’s. 2 yes votes. and 7 “without recommendation” votes.

now there is talk that Hochul might try and sue the NY senate to force the vote to the floor where there still wouldn’t be enough dem votes, but the republicans would be inclined to vote for him because he has to be their dream realistic nomination…

1 Like

I live in New York and don’t really understand Hochul. She’s from Buffalo, and that is a redder part of the state. Is she just a DINO or is there something else going on?

I think maybe she’s just bad at her job, doesn’t vet candidates thoroughly, won’t admit her mistakes, and expects Democrats to just fall in line and follow her wherever she goes.