Let's fight about artists with one clear *best* song

I just read a couple chapters in a book tonight, felt good! now aidsing the wrong thread.

but i want to hear in context this moment of music that means so much to my main man micro

eme words

I’m sure you know this so it’s unlikely to spoil it, and it’s hardly one of their best songs, but I hardly want to hear All of My Love by Led Zep since knowing what it’s about.

we need a Goat album art thread. Wish you were here is sure trippy

Well I’d never want to listen to that album again anyway…but the only song of theirs that makes me cringe despite having a cracking riff and solo is the song they never played live and virtually disowned.

Livin Lovin Maid

AOC danced to Phoenix.

All of my Love has the Goat organ solo though

Because I like AOC I’m going to contend that they’re not named after the city (whoever they are).

I thought that was the version of No Quarter on TSRTS.

1 Like

That might be the best live-concert video ever shot. Remember watching it in my teens in the late 80s, just blown away. Page is a beast, his arsenal of manipulating sound from his instruments. Plant just sick af… Bonham and JP Jones interacting at one point to the rear of the stage lol JP trying to encourage Bonham to improv some fill to mimic what Pagey is doing on the guitar. Amazing

1 Like

lol or it was Bonham a bit sour having to mimic Page, and JP encouraging him to complement a passage with a fill

exasperated lol was the word i was looking for

That album is certainly not one of their better ones, but I hope by not listening to that album you aren’t not listening to this song:

Fool in the Rain is also worth listening to.

1 Like

Not that I can play this well or anything, but that organ solo is one of the better things I can play on guitar.

1 Like

The Stones playing Sticky Fingers at the Fonda Theatre were tight as hell.

Re TSRTS…it wasn’t regarded as even one of heir best performances from that period. My dad took me to see the film as a teenager. Kudos to him as a classically trained musicologist for sitting through something he had no interest in.

1 Like

Well, if it wasn’t regarded well, I don’t know who the critics were, but it’s a colossal achievement imo

1 Like

That was the first and obviously only studio Zep album I bought on release and it was such a disappointment. I don’t mind not hearing any of it again.

Yeah, I’m not totally in love with TSRTS, but I do like what was done there in Whole Lotta Love as opposed to the studio album. The weird interlude on the studio album isn’t great imo, but it does make for another one of my favorite moments in music when it’s over at 3:06:

1 Like

the number of different interjections during the intro that Page makes with his guitar, finished off by his most nonchalant slide down the neck just before Page starts the lyrics

The one that starts at 1:20 and resolves with a bunch wah-peddle pulsations or whatever the fuck it is lol Doubt it could be duplicated

1 Like

Hmm the other reason for not playing these tubes is it’s 5.30am, were on holiday in the Canaries, I woke up early and I’m trying not to wake my sleeping wife lol

1 Like

I mean it was great, I just almost always for every band prefer the studio versions. Whole Lotta Love is the only song off hand I can think of where I prefer a live version.

It’s customary at this point for me to make my usual brag about seeing Zep live in 79 as a young teenager at his first festival sharing a tent with a schoolmate.

Thank god for for liberal, trusting parents.

1 Like