Let's fight about artists with one clear *best* song

I was thinking just the other day how amazing a Rounders sequel would be if it was all about Knish finally taking his shot. Maybe the family he grinded so hard to support has now all left home, including his now ex wife. Every reason he had not to take risks, to grind out a living at the cost of his dreams, is now gone.

Or he could have a sudden family emergency that requires him to follow the same kamikaze path as Mike to generate an insane amount of money in a short amount of time.

Really, anything about Knish.

Now on the topic of the thread, the guys who wrote Rounders would agree it is their best work. Lol at everything else they’ve done.

The Color of Money was great, but The Hustler was way better.

2 Likes

Obviously Hustler >>>>> CoM but any film is devalued for me by the appearance of that little shit in the cast.

1 Like

Respect the cock.

1 Like

I’ve got Smashing Pumpkins—> Disarm convince me I’m wrong

1979 tho

1 Like

Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Drown (singles soundtrack)
Mayonnaise

Pretty much everything on Siamese dream

1 Like

The Hustler > The Color of Money > Rounders

There’s been poker in movies, but are there any other poker movies?

California Split maybe about the same as Rounders. I don’t think I saw Hard Eight.

The best poker scene is obviously in Cool Hand Luke.

All movie poker ruins the movie for me. I get that they have to heighten the drama, but they always go too far. Still tilts me how bad they play in Rounders, like opening to 50x HU.

1 Like

You telling me this ruined the movie?

That’s a cool line, not a cool hand

Maverick (Mel Gibson, mid 90s) could be called a poker movie. I don’t remember much about it though.

Cherub Rock GOAT

1 Like

It’s a good scene for the movie and the point isn’t supposed to be that any of them are great poker players.

Cincinnati Kid with Steve McQueen.

Shade with Sly Stallone was Nic Cage level funny/bad.

2 Likes

I would give you a million likes for anything related to Paul Auster. It’s a delightfully oddball little movie, but I suspect most people haven’t seen or even heard of it. Plus, although the plot hinges on a poker game, is there really that much poker in it?

1 Like

Cincinnati Kid trailer made me remember the movie with Drew Barrymore: Lucky You.

All I remember is that it was forgettable. Here’s the premise tho:

Huck Cheever (Eric Bana) is a talented poker player who must balance an intense love affair with the feats he must accomplish to win a slot in the world championship game in Las Vegas. If he makes it to the table, there is a chance he may have to compete against his father (Robert Duvall), a poker legend who abandoned Huck’s mother years ago.

I saw the Cincinnati Kid and think I liked it, but don’t remember it very well. Haven’t seen The Music of Chance.

olds, Molly’s Game was pretty good

1 Like