Let's Buy Advertising to Attract New Users

lol at any of us having friends

9 Likes

Thatā€™s just show business baby

I prefer to post here relatively anonymously, so I wouldnā€™t invite a friend or family member here.

5 Likes

I will consider wearing an Unstuck shirt or patch at the WSOP this year.

1 Like

Great unless your table trash talk includes the edgelord stuff about wanting lots of dead people lol

3 Likes

Yeah, I think this is the way to do it. Just namedrop UP at venues that arenā€™t full of assholes and see what happens.

No way thatā€™s how you attract the cameras.

I mean you think Bruce is gonna play well or something?

1 Like

Better question is why does no oneā€™s spouse post here?

1 Like

I assume, like my spouse, that they think having lots of ā€œinternet-only friendsā€, is weird?

A podcast would be fun, however I donā€™t know how it would gain any more traction than the site itself. Feels like it would run into the same problems people are describing here i.e. you still need to figure out how to get someone to listen to it.

Mine lurks. She has posted a couple times.

Podcast market is heavily flooded. Most people who do them tend to treat them as a second job.

Experience: My cousin runs his own podcast network on the side while working as a network administrator.

Yeah, cheap plug

1 Like

Best thing we can do is all agree if we ever get on Jeopardy to insert a plug for the website into the interview in a way that canā€™t be edited out

5 Likes

Well looks like we have an inā€¦

Iā€™ve read nothing before this poast

We canā€™t expand because weā€™re too intolerant. I include myself in the royal we here. I donā€™t want to listen to a bunch of Trumpstains Trumping which is why I poast here. But that comes with a cost, and this is that cost.

Iā€™m fine with this being a niche for us to do our thing and Iā€™ll keep paying to keep the lights on if necessary.

6 Likes

A podcast would be done because it is fun, imo, not to hit it rich or attract new users. Iā€™m imagining 15-20minutes every couple weeks with several short segments like BestOf review, Walrus introduction and updates, big news items, and a check in with someone who has a blog here or something.

3 Likes

If you go back and read the thread, youā€™ll see that the worry is not about paying bills but a decaying user base. It can still be a niche thing, but we need new blood or there will be no one left to talk to.

3 Likes

Yeah I get that. You need to procreate or you die, itā€™s the same with every online community ever. I just donā€™t see us doing it without a radical change in collective mindset of which Iā€™m not sure we are capable.

Itā€™s not that there arenā€™t other people who will fit in here but I agree it could be difficult finding them in the bowels of the internet.

Most people my age use Discord, but some go on Reddit. Maybe you can get that crowd. I think if you interact with younger people in that area, you could recommend the site. I think because so many of the users know each other from primarily 2+2, it may be hard for new people to come in.

5 Likes