Led Zeppelin Tournament Bracket

I nominate hey hey what can I do to receive a first round bye.

3 Likes

Can we just nix one of the 16 or 15 seeds?

1 Like

We could do what wireless suggests and keep the total to 64. Just not a low seed that should be a lot higher.

I’d bin Hot Dog in a heartbeat lol.

2 Likes

Stairway is still a great song even though everyone likes it.

I thought no one liked it any more and it’s suffered from a huge crash in popularity from being the #1 song ever in the 70’s to being basically nowhere?

I do find the lyrics grating now and can’t wait for the band to get moving.

I thought all the hipsters hated it because everyone liked it.

1 Like

It’s a good song, I think people just decided it was cool to say they didn’t like it.

1 Like

Yeah after punk it was very uncool to even mention it or the band, but then came a reappraisal of all things Zep but not Stairway.

At some point it became part of popular culture to say that the song was bad or at the very least overrated, I remember this from college even in 2004.

Almost midnight, don’t wrap this up before I surface in about 8 hours.

Achilles Last Stand is my sleeper pick.

4 Likes

Unfortunately it’s up against a top tier pick fool in the rain

The Ocean and Gallows Pole facing off in round one is brutal. (For me anyway, two of my personal favorites.)

2 Likes

Voting for the faves except for the 8/9 match.

Guess I’m basic when it comes to Zeppelin.

Apparently now it’s cool to say Kashmir is overrated.

I think it’s an amazing song. I just don’t really ever want to listen to it.

Stairway hate has nothing to do with how good or widely liked it is, it’s about how insanely overplayed it is. Combined with Free Bird and Hotel California, they make up the unholy trinity of songs that should never be played again and represent everything wrong with classic rock.

2 Likes

in the bracket i actually filled out with friends, this was my commentary on this matchup:

btw Hey Hey What Can I Do has about 25mil listens on spotify, which would make it about a 6 seed. Our 6 seeds are currently The Ocean, What Is and What Should Never Be, Communication Breakdown, and The Rain Song.

Hot Dog is a 13, so if Hey Hey replaced it, it would run into D’yer Mak’er, which is a crazy first rounder but could be fun.

I did this in a guitar store one time and the clerk didn’t even react or look at me. I was smirking and looking right at him.

2 Likes