Leaving on that midnight train for Georgia Runoff

yeah, expanded vote by mail is a huge plus here and basically the only way to counter the usual huge dropoff in run-off turnout. a lot of the campaign spending should be focused on getting voters educated on requesting and properly casting these ballots to build on momentum.

Taking ANOTHER day off of work is a huge disadvantage for democrats in runoffs, they need to max out this edge.

i’m certain stacey is on this already, and was also wondering how many other states are going to move to all-mail voting after this. hoping for virginia and every other blue state obv, but if we are lucky peel off states in midwest with this.

current rankings for voting rights:

1. universal mail-in vote
  2. universal voter registration
  3. ranked choice primaries and local elections
  4. ranked choice federal elections
  5. popular vote compact

Rs are going to do everything they can to cut back mail-in voting. The people don’t trust the process! Where they got that idea we have no idea.

1 Like

I feel like the best message to try to reduce Republican vote is simply, “They don’t care about you.”

I think Loeffler, especially, could be vulnerable. Hammer the message that she wasn’t even elected. That she is only in the Senate because she’s a rich donor, appointed by Kemp. Her only purpose is to cozy up to Trump and he’s about to be gone. She hasn’t done jack shit in the Senate, she’s only there to fan Trump’s balls.

4 Likes

this is true, but there are R states with mail-in vote and more generally ballot-dropoff vote too. utah, alaska, nebraska (after looking it up), clearly florida and texas allows some of it, it just wasn’t our focus.

i think democrats probably never really pushed those things to our base. but not needing to go to polling place and potentially walk by armyoftrmp and other triggers is a huge improvement in terms of voter intimidation, access, etc.

1 Like

It will take more than political attack ads. We need targeted legislation, shit R’s won’t want to pass but people in GA absolutely want. Force votes, make them vote no on popular shit. If thats possible, I know Schumer forced a vote on healthcare. Force a vote on stimulus and other popular shit in GA, and for the love of god have someone who knows what they’re doing in the house draft it.

They’ll have no problem pushing to end mail in vote in purple states while ignoring it in red states. They’ll just say it’s different because the west is more spread out or something.

If we can defeat Loeffler but not Perdue, what would you offer Susan Collins or Lisa Murkowski to switch parties?

I was wondering about that.

Also is there any chance Turtle loses out to Romney or something for president of senate?

Neither would ever switch. And no Republicans legit hate Romney now. Mitch has delivered HUGE for Republicans, no way they’d turn away from him now. Dude got them a 6-3 on the court and takes all the heat.

1 Like

Some good news. @boredsocial will love this

5 Likes

Everyone who doubts that dude and hasn’t read his book is being an asshole. He’s the real thing. He doesn’t look like what you think he should because you’ve never seen a Democrat that was just trying to win. It’s a concise explanation of why we’re losing the white working class politically. Racism is part of it, but it’s definitely not even the majority of it.

He’s going to be out there flipping red voters for the next ten weeks.

3 Likes

Yeah I feel you. I’ve always agreed on your Yang takes and have met several people who were Yang → Trump voters. He definitely has a great talent at messaging and I’m very glad he’s going to ATL…

I mean I hope he spends most of his time in counties that Trump won honestly. That’s where he’s going to do the best work.

One thing I’m sure of is that Yang knows how to tell normies that they should vote for him because he’s going to give them money.

It’s going to be really funny when we get these races won and they pass a super watered down stimulus that doesn’t really do shit for normal people.

Some people on this forum have not appreciated the messaging genius that is the term ‘Freedom Dividend’. It’s a perfect encapsulation of everything you need to do to win over the other sides voters. The moderates think we’re supposed to be compromising our policies into a muddy unpopular mess to win… I’m telling you we need to let them have their fucking words. That’s the compromise. Two conservative buzzwords to describe just about the most redistributive idea possible. You can get the dog to eat any kind of pill if you wrap it in bacon.

I want to win more than I want to force conservative voters to kiss my ring and convert culturally. I don’t care what they believe, tiktok is taking care bringing their kids in line with the dominant culture and if the olds won’t assimilate the best angle I can think of is convincing them to vote for a better future for their offspring and letting them keep their words.

2 Likes

Honestly even if we win these races they will still likely have to work with Mitch so yeah the bill will still probably suck. I highly doubt they can nuke the filibuster with 50 seats unless Mitch straight up refuses to pass anything even remotely decent. If he does that, then maybe we can put Feinstein in a a cabinet? Still with Manchin and other moderates I don’t know if we could get it done. With the way leadership sounds I think it’d be more likely we just don’t pass anything.

So even if we win these seats we will be in a really tough spot. Thats why I’m feeling WAAF. We need to win these seats, figure out a way to win more in 2022 in an off year, plus not lose the fucking house with Nancy just absolutely WOATing it up.

We’re drawing really thin tbh

agree, they would need like 53 at a minimum to get rid of the fillibuster, maybe even more.

1 Like

They need to be careful and listen to Stacey, though.

Georgians don’t like outsiders. Fair Fight vols were required to get GA phone numbers, for example, so that people would answer them.

a bunch of yanks descending on their state might have diminishing returns.

1 Like

Don’t worry Yang is insanely good at this. Agreed for most all the other surrogates though. Him and Pete should be working the whites primarily.

1 Like

Yeah, they are the Republican-whisperers

3 Likes

Yes.

1 Like