Leaving on that midnight train for Georgia Runoff

I hate to say I told you so, but I did try and tell you guys that Warnock and Ossoff winning in GA was going to happen. The American people are resilient and hopeful, and they understand what’s at stake.

The filibuster will be nuked by the end of the month. Chuck and Nancy will not squander this opportunity. They have to understand their razor-thin majority can disappear with a single heart attack (or a single case of Covid!).

Then once all the good things start happening (healthcare and voting rights first and foremost) all this talk about the virtues of divided government will just evaporate.

In the distant future, when people talk about the “Roaring 20s”, the President that immediately springs to mind will no longer be Calvin Coolidge, it will be Joseph R. Biden!

34 Likes

Any chance we can bribe Pat Toomey with a nice early retirement package to allow Wolf to appoint someone to get us to 51-49?

2 Likes

Fox News segment this morning:

Kamala Harris charged with plagiarism!

Today’s the day she became Joe Biden’s vice president

9 Likes

Yea Trump’s pandering was more like symbolic acquiescence where everyone is in on the act. He did do that ridiculous hands on prayer with the pastors and he always throws out some half assed compliments like “I hear you love your bible here…big book…great words in it”

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/robjyeo/status/1346779661456601089

32 Likes

Nanna was no saint. NO SAINT!

10 Likes

Free donuts are Chinese Communism. Is that what you want?

3 Likes

@BestOf

1 Like

EDIT: My pony burned grandmas house down.

wait, which side are we on?

1 Like

Trump being actively engaged in politics for the next four years is good and not bad. You know how every time Hillary grabs a headline everyone shudders and hopes it goes away quickly? Trump is that, but for Republicans, and a lot more attention-getting.

That may be the greatest analogy for the current state of our politics that I’ve ever seen. @bestof

2 Likes

The post got ponied and jman’s @BestOf got ponied. That has to be a first.

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s good at all. It’s all CNN and MSNBC are going to talk about. You think they’re going to talk about sleepy Joe Biden when they can cover Trump? They can’t, Rachel Maddow has mouths to feed. No one is going to watch them cover the Biden administration.

Nah that ain’t it, Republicans still had massive turnout for a runoff. What won this was the insane turnout from the dems and Stacy. I mean they got almost 100% of the general in all the huge dem strongholds which is INSANE. They registered hundreds of thousands of new voters.

Any other runoff without Stacy and insane turnout here dems lose by like 5 points.

1 Like

The MSM learned a lot from But Her Emails. I think they’ll be reticent to signal-boost Trump’s nonsense once he’s out of office.

Haha the Georgia SoS just said, “soon to be Senator Ossoff.”

4 Likes

It’s pretty incredible how many things had to go right for this to happen. First both had to force a runoff, which only happened due to rules Rs themselves changed (for Perdue anyway). Then Warnock basically dragged Ossof over the finish line. I don’t think you get 100% turnout in largely black counties w/o Warnock. Good turnout yes, but not 100%.

I’d like to see a win probability graph of Dems taking Senate starting Nov. 3. It had to be down to 1% or less at some point.

1 Like

I’ll suffer personally from this, since my parents are hardcore MSNBC devotees, but as a citizen, should I give a shit what Rachel talks about on her deadly boring show?

1 Like