LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

Shame if anything were to happen to that “private property” you seem so fond of.

1 Like

I need convincing Seattle > Portland. We prefer Portland and end up there more often for leisure.

We live at about the halfway point between Seattle and Portland, though a little closer to Seattle.

https://twitter.com/JohnArnoldFndtn/status/1316815681430716417

Bay area needs to build more dense housing. It’s a real problem.

4 Likes

If you are a tech worker who needs to go into the office for work, Seattle >>> Portland.

I don’t know if I call that slightly more sane. In the Bay, I hear it’s more like a 2 million+ proposition. But yeah, Portland area is definitely more reasonable than Seattle. Even though I like Seattle a bit better, they’re both good cities to live in, imo (as long as you don’t mind the weather). I actually once seriously considered moving to Vancouver, WA for the Portland proximity minus the income tax. It ended up not happening, but I’m sure it would have been great.

Good luck with the move.

The Chateau game in France is ridiculous. I remind my wife about once a month that if it wasn’t for her job stubbornly demanding a physical presence (even now) we could trade our apartment for one. Just had a quick look and in our ‘budget’ is a 29 bedroom 10th century Cistercian convent. Only 90 mins from Nice airport!

3 Likes

shapiro really gone off the deep end

(verified, this is 100% absolutely real)

3 Likes

I have to say that Shapiro is getting the last laugh on me here because I’m reading all of these memes with his voice in my head.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/loweringthebar/status/1318163925066829824?s=20

2 Likes

Reminds me of Ra Diggs who is in Supermax for life because he rapped about doing the murdering.

Also OJ Simpson who is in jail for life for writing about how he killed his ex-wife, in detail.

RIP Nuke Bizzle

?

Well I know he wrote about it, I just assumed he would get punished for it.

If you believe him, he didn’t write about it, someone just paid him a ton of money to say he did.

I agree in that case.

This is my confession
Admissible in court
I shot Darnell Simmons for sport

5 Likes

Found out yesterday that several tech type people that live in my building who were put on “indefinite work from home” actually got laid off between may and august, and will probably have to move now. Rents are already down 15% and it looks like they’re still dropping. Just sort of mind blowing that people with tech degrees from top tier schools who have been working for years at large tech companies are having to move out of the tech hub of Texas.

Makes me feel a lot better about the decision to leave the high cost of living area to go back to a mid sized city though. I feel just unimaginably lucky to have experience in a field that’s only slightly slower than usual, and super lucky to have a job, even if it’s at the shittiest of shitty companies.

2 Likes

Is this like “If I did it”?

Yes

https://mobile.twitter.com/fdelond/status/1318054657827241985

7 Likes