LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

I feel gamed

3 Likes

Maybe the WAAF group needs to workshop ideas with the NFAC (Not Fucking Around Coalition).

1 Like

You actually had a surprisingly whataboutist take on the subject of child murder as well.

Oh snap, Chunk just defeated former champion Holly to make it to the semifinals.

https://twitter.com/katmainps/status/1312573150664695809?s=21

https://twitter.com/katmainps/status/1312422160284020739?s=21

These Chunk photos look like pictures of Barry Bonds before and after he started juicing.

4 Likes

32 is obviously on something if he wins I think an asterisk is in order.

I don’t like to use catch phrases like “pearl clutching” but you can’t be serious??

And there was no other thing that was whatabouted. It was apologia. Mind your catch phrases.

Ok google that’s pretty impressive work.

Man I am legit jealous of bears. What I wouldn’t give to cram myself full of food for the next few weeks just to sleep until spring.

7 Likes

eh we’ll be 3-1 after indianapolis tomorrow

1 Like

At least you ditched Mitch

2 Likes

It’s not so great once you figure in all the rednecks that want to hunt you down and shoot you. But then again, you might find yourself in that position soon anyway.

4 Likes

Be a bear in a national park. You get to eat salmon all day w/o a care in the world. Just don’t eat a hiker - that’s the only rule.

1 Like

America’s national parks and forests are some of the things that we as a nation truly excel at. To be fair, America is an enormous country, so it’s easy for us to close off huge areas and leave them be. Even in MAGA states like Ohio there are parks with legit old-growth forests with trees that are 300-500 years old. It’s incredible to hike through them and touch them and shit. Living things that are older than the USA, you can walk by and say “hello.”

A thing Obama never got enough credit for was creating a protected marine area twice the size of Texas. I know nothing about coral reefs, but they seem pretty important and we should stop fucking with them.

2 Likes

Are you sure you aren’t thinking about Bush creating the Northern Hawaiian Islands sanctuary?

I’ve been to every national park west of New Mexico in the continental US. They are incredible. We live in the most amazing country when it comes to natural wonders. And like Ken Burns said - the National Parks are America’s best idea.

https://twitter.com/cfarivar/status/1293627878878273537

Tech bro fellow travelers - relearning the philosophy of the ancients one tweet at a time.

2 Likes

I thought I was talking about Obama’s reserve, but good on Bush if he was creating sanctuaries.

Really, though, it’s an incredible experience to witness old trees. As a boy I got to see some ancient California redwoods. I’m a 15-minute drive away from seeing very old trees in Ohio. Long after I’m dead and gone they will continue to do their thing.

I guess Bush created it and Obama expanded it?

Musk is sharp here and the lawyer is way out of line. Musk assume the lawyer has a plan here but the lawyer doesn’t. It’s not a trick question, it’s just dumb.

Commenters point out that it’s a dumb line of inquiry. Here’s a fair comment.

https://twitter.com/MassTrialAtty/status/1293649939105538056?s=19

More broadly, the questions appear to reflect confusion about truth considered from a philosophical standpoint.

2 Likes

A few years ago I happened upon the Keffer Oak on the AT. It was a memorable day. First off a deer jumped into my wife’s windshield when she was driving me to the trailhead. The tree was the first thing of note on the trail and though very large wasn’t otherwise all that impressive. About twenty minutes later I was assaulted by an angry cow when crossing a pasture. As soon as I gained the ridge I came across a hunter actually sitting on the AT, pointing his gun at me until he realized I was a human. About 100 yards down the trail I startled a 10 or 12 point buck that was right up on the ridge. After my wife picked me up we were driving back to the in laws and stopped to check out a bunch of flowers on the side of the road, which turned out to be where a young woman and man (VT students I believe) were recently murdered. Still unsolved as far as I know. Crazy day.

2 Likes

Yeah, hunters are straight-up fucking psychopaths. You’re lucky he didn’t pop you there and claim it was a hunting accident.

Also, you probably weren’t assaulted by an angry cow, it was probably just following you as you crossed its pasture. That’s what cows do, they follow things.

2 Likes