LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

Yes. There’s no side/side wiggle. There’s a lip on the floor that prevents it from moving side to side. The thing is really heavy and I probably would rip up the floor if I was able to move it on my own.

Landlord has proven useless. I’m either on my own to get it or buying a new phone.

These posts should not have been posted in sequence.

2 Likes

How about two fishing poles - and wire something grabby through loops at the end of each one. Come at it from both sides and try to squeeze it and pull it up.

Maybe wire two coathangers in a way that they interlock when you bring them together. Put one in first, make sure you know it’s under the phone, then bring the other one in from the other side. Have a pair of needle-nose pliers ready to grab it the last few inches.

If your landlord isn’t interested, document the conversation you had with him and take matters into your own hands, being careful to make sure you can hide the evidence of what you had to do.

You’ll be long gone by the time he notices, and it serves him right for not fulfilling his obligations as your landlord.

ETA assuming this will work in Czechia.

Yeah if you know exactly where the phone is you could always take a panel out of the wood with a jig saw. Good luck though. Hopefully no wires running back there.

Here’s an idea:

Hope it works!

2 Likes

I’ve often seen that used to pull hair out of drains, so check in the plumbing section, or call it a “drain unclogging claw” or something

Or call your phone repeatedly and hope it vibrates itself out.

1 Like

Line with a fishing hook might work if you can get the hook to embed in the plastic part.

1 Like

Nobody ever knew it was this simple!

Cliffs: Four-year Harvard study finds “systemic racism” is the cause.

5 Likes

Xmas gift idea for you married dudes.

1 Like

I’m surprised The Geeks didn’t invent a App for a Magent yet for situation like Sub’s

Seems like the same dudes who are too emotionally insecure to go to their freaking doctor for ED medicine - which FB also thinks I am.

So that’s completely fucked up. FB definitely thinks my non-existent wife is cheating on me.

Hmmm yeah I’m no marketing guru but I feel like that defintely isn’t the right looking guy for the ad…

Reminds me of a janitor in my middle school

If you asked him about his mustache, he would say he got it from eating some mean pussy

4 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1305966403871178755

Well, The Social Dilemma is terrifying.

2 Likes

Q is just fan fiction for boomers who never got into fantasy or sci fi.

Oh yeah. My sister and I watched it and fuck is it brutal. I’m almost glad I can’t fish my phone from where it’s stuck now.

If you really expand the concept further, the world is essentially being controlled by a constantly improving AI. I mean, we’re really fucking close to the singularity.

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/zblay/status/1305866793102311425

2 Likes