LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

Lol I’m right on the red border. It feels like twilight all day long.

aerodynamics - how does it work?

2 Likes

Back in the day I could have taken some points off Serena. I served harder than she does. Those guys don’t know how to hold the racket.

1 Like

I don’t think I could hit a Serena serve, but I feel like I wouldn’t suck as hard as those dudes did.

1 Like

When she double faults or frames shots?

Yea like, there’s a huge learning curve in tennis and they looked a lot like beginners. I also wouldn’t be surprised if her serves have more movement and are better disguised than anything you’d see at the high school level though.

It’s legit getting cold now.

Pretty sure I’m on Mars. Always weird when you have to think about whether or not what you’re looking at is actually the sun.

3 Likes

I served well enough that I could get a couple serve and volleys. Maybe some good returns on 2nd serves. The ground strokes would be the killer. Wouldn’t win any point longer than 3 shots.

I was an all city doubles player. Lessons, tennis camps and all that. I don’t remember the best player I ever played, but I could get points off teaching pros.

Anyone watch mixed doubles at the majors? That’s how you can tell the difference in strength level.

1 Like

Just felt obligated to take a jab lol. I am left handed and served hard with spin so was always at an advantage really. I still sucked ass. My state was really varied on skill levels too because of money. We were like the bad news bears. An opposing high school team that got to use a private club in town all winter used to put their #6 guy against our #1 dude for shits and giggles and he’d win 10-0.

I qualified for state doubles but then me and my doubles partner were fighting so I literally hit serves at the back of his head and shit during the tournament. Haha. It was more an excuse to ditch school for the day. i had no hopes or aspirations in tennis.

1 Like

Yeah, to the extend that I’d be estimating my chances of scoring a single point against Serena, most of it would be estimating the chances she double faults once in the time frame of the challenge.

There’s isn’t really that much variance (except lefties). Some variation of flat to top spin.
Though I do wonder about the pace you can generate with today’s equipment. I was playing in the '80s with graphite and synthetic gut.

We had a German foreign exchange student come one year of high school and that dude kicked everyone’s face in. Moved back before state tournaments but qualified in regionals easily.

https://twitter.com/OmarJimenez/status/1304065750324391936?s=20

news to me: people are saying “horrifying” instead of “badass” now

She would never double fault and you couldn’t hit a ball difficult enough for her to frame.

Serena is obviously GOAT, but those DudePerfect guys are trying to be bad. Come on.

ugh that lefty spin. horrible.
I went to Ohio regionals, won a match, but lost the next to a worse team. Our 1st and 2nd singles teamed up and finished top 3 at state.
Should have kept playing at Div 3 college, but never really loved it.
Got along with my partner sr. year. We were both quiet and didn’t talk much. Just played. Had the biggest crush on his girlfriend for awhile.

glorydays.mp3

2 Likes

I miss volleying around bad. I was never very good and no one here I’m friends with wants to even play really so I’d have to get into competitive shit. I kind of mini-raged about a pickle ball court setup getting built in my back yard because they didn’t make them tennis and pickleball court accessible so just pickleball size. I thought no one would play but I hear those motherfuckers out there at 5:30 am playing. I’m surprised and impressed at its popularity.

1 Like

Yeah, finding a good hitting partner is tough. I was lucky my older brother played. Hit with my Mom until I turned about 13 and hit too hard and with too much spin.
Had a pro that used to use a nerf ball as a teaching tool. Played service line to service line and full width. All about angles and depth. Kinda like pickleball.

ugh the stars are going to beat vegas again. hatehatehate

2 Likes

Haha. I played baseball and football until two summer vacations taken and I couldn’t hit a curve ball really well after and then was not growing enough for football and getting headaches from tackling monsters as a Safety or Cornerback so took up tennis to still get out of school. I started summer before 10th grade and lettered 3 years. That’s how bad our team was bro.

2 Likes