LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

Chiefsplanet showing off IRL

1 Like

Imagine booing equality. Just equality. Sometimes it causes me actual physical pain to try to comprehend.

Look, I’m all for equality for me, but these lunatics are talking about equality for other people. Fuck that.

2 Likes

We want equality too but the real problem is reverse racism and these overpaid… are saying the opposite!

God damn fucking Commie bastards

1 Like

Today is my granddad’s 99th birthday. I talked to him on the phone and wished him happy birthday. He’s in relatively amazing health. The things he has lived through are pretty crazy to think about. The Great Depression, he fought in WW2, then he was an engineer that got to design and build parts for a couple of the big dams they built out west (I’m not positive, but I think he worked on the Grad Cooley Dam and maybe the Hoover Dam), he can still recall oddly specific specification for large parts they designed for the dams. He also has memories of driving his grand parents from Virginia to Florida when he was 13, lol. This would have been 1934ish? Civil rights, Cold War, the digital age. It’s wild.

Edit to add: he fought in the Pacific in WW2, and I believe one of the ships he was on was hit by kamakazi attack and the ship sank, but he survived. In contrast, I’ve driven myself to severe depression over such stressful events as missing too many typos on memoranda I’ve drafted.

17 Likes

Nice. I have a 96 year old step-father-in-law who is really cool and still completely with it. It’s great to talk to him about stuff like the depression. He grew up on a farm in Arkansas with like 12 siblings.

2 Likes

No one in my family lived much past 70

I had a great grandma who lived to 105 and another great grandma who lived to 98 while chain smoking and being a raging alcoholic. She used to always have a mug full of vodka near her when I’d go to her house and visit. Those were both on my dads side, never met great grandparents on my moms side and her mom died before I was born. Still have 3 grandparents going strong in their 80s so I think there is a solid chance I live to be too old

1 Like

I mean, everyone here would boo the statement that All Lives Matter. Presumably not because they don’t believe in the value of human life.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/ToasterStrudel/status/1301136442832322561

Finally 2020 delivers something positive to cling to.

2 Likes

What a weird tie in to a decade old movie.

https://www.yeahabhi.com/post/world-s-most-expensive-gender-reveal-party-in-dubai

JFC

I thought so too but…

Untitled

I would totally watch a documentary on how the mean girls strawberries and cream fandango now toaster strudel with limited edition pink icing came to be. I have so many questions.

1 Like

whyamiwastingmytimedoingthis

you have to buy two? OH CMON

a brand new amazon prime mean girls DVD is $5

1 Like
4 Likes

You’re off by a few years there, old man. Lindsay Lohan is now in her mid-30’s.

Dammit!

Toaster Strudels are delicious, might have to buy a box on my next grocery run