LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

Oh, right, google says it’s PoTA, I had some notion he hooked up with one of the apes in that, years since I saw it. Repulsively dishonest strawman it is.

“It’s a movie” aside, Heston’s character has been thrown unexpectedly into a completely alien world and IIRC is being hunted and threatened with lobotomisation and whatnot. The confusion and alienation he feels renders him vulnerable in a way that wouldn’t be the case if the non-verbal girl had been sent to Earth.

Also, I don’t think movies from the '60s are an amazing template for contemporary sexual mores, but I know you’re only having fun.

I didn’t claim I had data to back up anything. I was sincerely asking for data that clovis said existed.

My bad. I missed the post where he claimed he had data.

2 Likes

Have you talked to any 20-year-olds lately? They’re like slightly dim aliens, frankly.

1 Like

Have you talked to me lately?

When I was 22 or 23, I had sex with the friend of my buddy’s mom. I don’t know exactly how old she was, but at one point while we were going at it, she asked me how old my mom was, I told her and she was like, “Ok, I’m not your mom’s age.”

It was a great time, really. She wanted to hang out more after and even offered to fly me out to Sonoma to have some fun, but I was not mature enough to deal with the social stigma at the time, so I declined. In short, thanks to assholes like you guys, I missed out on what would have certainly been an amazing experience. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s not that 20 year olds are dumb, it’s just that they’re young. Clovis started this thing outraged that someone would say this about 20 year olds, but then is all, ok maybe 25 year olds or now 23 year olds. No one said an age difference is automatically bad. No one said 30 year old and 50 year old or 110 year old is a problem. The question was about 20 year olds. They aren’t dumb. They are more like as bobman said “newly minted adults” and as has been mentioned in other threads, there is just an automatic authority that children give adults and 20 is just not there yet where you can, even if it appears otherwise, assume that they have enough confidence to oppose the will of someone much older.

It’s kind of hard to understand what I’m talking about with automatic authority if you haven’t raised children. It’s why sometimes kids just get into the car with a stranger. It’s why you have to be diligent about telling your kids not to automatically do something an adult tells them to do.

There’s a big difference between 18 year olds and 20 year olds in this regard, but 20 year olds are not totally out of the woods. It’s that they won’t really see a 50 year old as a peer, not the other way around.

And that’s why I said he doesn’t know what a 20 year old is. It’s that he doesn’t know the difference between a 20 year old and 25 year old.

5 Likes

Someone has been reading my really old 2+2 posts

https://twitter.com/shanesheehy/status/1298338241498746880

6 Likes
1 Like

This post is an out and out lie. I don’t know what is going on with you but you have decided to hate me which is ok but please just put me in ignore and stop with the gaslighting.

Your first point is a good one. People are so good at deluding themselves when they are in a toxic relationship.

1 Like

Not gaslighting and not hating. You’re just wrong and lazy.

Of course but as you said all relationships have a power dynamic so that alone can’t make a relationship Ill advised.

I’m rejecting the idea there is some king of magical bad power dynamic that universally exists only based on age, and predominantly when the woman is younger.

When I was 19 30 seemed like grandma age. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

It’s not based only on age, it’s regarding age as a reliable proxy for wealth and experience in the older party and naivete in the younger party. It’s mostly concerned with older male/younger female interactions because they’re perceived as being more common. There’s definitely an element of sexism to the difference in how people view older male/younger female versus older female/younger male, but that’s its own issue and doesn’t dispose of the actual objections people level against age-gap relationships.

Sorry I was using your post as a jumping off point to make a larger point. Didn’t mean you were directly asserting it.

1 Like

Did he ever find out?

https://twitter.com/r_speer/status/1298297872228786176?s=21

1 Like

I don’t think so. His mom knows, though.

1 Like

how long am i going to have to scroll past this bullshit about 50 year olds banging 20 year olds?

5 Likes