LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

Yum!

13 Likes

Grower not a shower

NGL, that shit is delicious.

1 Like

They mislabeled the Beyond Geoduck.

2 Likes

This sentence is very awkward and borderline incorrect because “request” should be followed by an explicit specification of some thing or state of affairs which can be provided by the person you are addressing. For example, “I am writing to request who is the best grammar nit on Unstuck” doesn’t make any sense, it should be “I am writing to request you tell me who is the best grammar nit on Unstuck”, or “I am writing to request your opinion…” or “I am writing to request information…”. In all of these you explicitly spell out what exactly the person whom you are addressing should be providing to you. A person as object would only be appropriate if the sentence was “I am writing to request one of your servants”.

I think it’s that which creates the who/whom confusion, because it should be “who” in the clause “who might be the most appropriate contact”, but at the same time you have this awareness that “request” ought to be specifying an object, so you wonder if you should be using the object form.

1 Like

A better version might be

I am writing to clarify who would be the best contact regarding …

1 Like

https://twitter.com/maggieserota/status/1295035966344830984

3 Likes

How is he alive still?

Necromancy.

2 Likes

I don’t think this is it at all. Female rappers have been owning their sexuality and demanding sexual satisfaction–very explicitly–for decades. I think the difference is most rap albums–especially by females–saved the most explicit stuff for the B sides and clubs. The radio cuts were heavily bleeped and euphemized. This song was released for public Internet consumption and Cardi wasn’t listening to anybody tell her it had to be an underground/club song.

Probably just as importantly, these loud, vulgar, black, women (final comma intentional) had the nerve to tarnish a white woman’s purity. If Kylie Jenner hadn’t appeared in the video the world would never know that Ben Shapiro can’t satisfy his wife.

I doubt Shapiro could name another female rapper, other than maybe Nicki Minaj–and her for the same reason… because she’s a vehicle for him to vent his conservative misogyny and racism.

3 Likes

Cardi is doing nothing new. This is 1996

Just popping in to applaud the thread title.

3 Likes

One of my best teenage memories was visiting my brother at college when I was 15 and going to a dorm party drunk where a girl with a great voice absolutely belted this out in just her underwear.

Yeah but does he have hands on experience?

1 Like

I love this album. Air Force One alsol.

1 Like

“The Meaning” is a time machine. Man, still remember hearing “Top Prospect” intro looped up, love that one too. That’s still one of Evidence’s best verses ever.

Do you make your own burger buns these days?

Do you cut them off the big boule or make tiny bun-sized boules and cut them in half. I’m assuming the former.

Cheat bread or real bread?

The same way Ozzy Osbourne, Mick Jagger etc are
Its the Mr Burns has all the diseases bit.