LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

And bondage trousers and worker power. And a Sex Pistol turning up to see Led Zep, and Led Zep turning up to see The Damned.

I was there this time last year and had a blast, my first time visiting but I will defintely go back. I wouldn’t recommend going in August unless you don’t mind dew points in the upper 70s and 95F heat

1 Like

That poor kid.

I’m not a racist, but…

We don‘t know anything yet about the long term effects of having Chicken Curry.

5 Likes

It’s not racist exactly to be terrified of food with strong flavors. That’s an indicator of some other weird cultural hangup and it’s pretty widespread. I blame England since that seems to be the epicenter of blandness.

Small tummies!

On second thought, I’m blaming Martin Luther.

Working theory: The more Protestant your culture, the more insipid your food.

I’m blaming racism and +1 to suzzer’s ghost.

Dude

Indian food has been pretty much the de facto national dish here for decades.

Haha, yeah, think again.

The closest we have to a national dish, for example:

Well, it’s only a working theory. That could be tasty with an aged and/or smoked sausage.

It’s not dreadful, but it’s not exactly Flavourtown and like I said, it’s pretty much the jewel in our crown.

Are there at least condiments available? We like to dump vinegar and mustard on this similar stuff:

We never had mustard in it, mustard’s good in mash, though, so it could work.

Midwest keeps it the realest. It’s hot and in a dish. That’s how dinner is done!

SH!TPOST
Minion Death Cult: Save The Children w/ Jared Holt

Host Jared Holt appeared on Minion Death Cult for an episode about the sudden right-wing focus on child trafficking and pedophilia as a counter narrative to the popular BLM and #MeToo movements, the different subsets of the right wing and their specific reasons for employing this campaign, and how it’s trickling into normie corners of social media

Wait until she finds this abomination hiding under the mattress:

3 Likes

Not quite. The causation is from Renaisssance cooking, not Catholicism per se.

I was abut to debunk your theory by citing the well-known ancdote about Catherine de Medici’s chefs transforming the English-like bland French cuisines she found there, but on checking I found this:

which contains this:

In the Renaissance, elite households throughout Latin Christendom served food that was complex, spicy, and sweet, much like Moroccan cooking is today.The techniques, equipment, and many of the seasonings used in this style of cooking had been part of European practice since the antiquity or dated, at the latest, from the spread of Muslim influence in the High Middle Ages.

Clearly and regrettably this didn’t reach far flung lands such as the UK, Ireland and Scandinavia.

1 Like