LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

People who owned a boat and kids who didn’t have jobs. I have had a job since 12 Years old. Earlier if you count paper route.

Aren’t you guys like swimming in oranges in SoCal? You couldn’t just squeeze some yourself. I know it takes a lot, but I assumed those they were dirt cheap down there. Or you could have your own tree.

We moved around a lot when I was a kid (CA, NV, MD, CO, NY, MS, OR). I’ve lived in CA since I graduated HS though.

Ahh, that makes sense. I just assumed you’re were a SoCal native.

I’ve got a friend down there who just has 2 orange trees in his yard, and he’s got so many he doesn’t know what to do with them. Can’t even give them away.

Barstool / Portnoy racist? SurprisedPickachu.jpg

https://twitter.com/jemelehill/status/1277382360594440192?s=21

Having your own house, a car, avocados and air conditioning.

The west End… Anyone who stayed there, if they looked ruff well that’s a misor.

I’m somewhat militant about books, as I’ve never even sold back or not kept a textbook.

At least half of those poker books are legit good and should be kept.

I’ve moved a fair bit and books are always an issue. Can buy like 24 bankers boxes from Costco or staples and its not too bad.

That said, ive mellowed a bit and did dispose of some books before my last move. However, i kept the bulk and currently have some in storage.

The best predictor of how well a child does in school is the number of books in the house, more than race or class or income.

That said, I’m not a fetishist and probably half the books i but now are kindle/audio.

(An exception to this is that i got rid of about 1000 law books that had been gifted to me by a client. They took up too much room, were quite heavy, and were literally useless compared with online legal materials.)

1 Like

Also, books are good decor and good for conversation.

3 Likes

Two-story houses made me feel poor as a kid. I did have the sickest plexiglass backboard on the garage of my one-story house though.

So are law books like the Encyclopedia Britannica to online’s Wikipedia?

All these books, they’re the wrong fucking books

3 Likes

No, they are like a fully searchable and cross-referenced and completely up to date Encyclopedia Britannica compared to a 1995 hard copy Encyclopedia Britannica. Same info online, just much more useable.

(A lot of legal work is finding relevant cases and all the cases that cite those cases. It’s pretty much made for online materials.)

Most are the right books, and others are elsewhere.

I just realised I’m now rich!

1 Like

Better not eat your last avocado.

1 Like

What you listed appears to be recent hot topics on Fox. Maybe get he to cut back or discuss with her about information sources. Get her to watch some CNN/MSNBC. Maybe gift her a subscription to a decent newspaper or weekly news source.

We comin’ for that ass. /berniebro

1 Like

Van Jones praised Trump’s police reform bill without disclosing he had input into making it

1 Like

There are like no oranges in the LA/OC/SD megalopolis anymore. Sure, a few here and there and scattered private trees, but I don’t know of any commerical operations in the populated parts of so cal. The land is basically too valuable for fruit trees anymore.