LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

Last credit on IAFD was 2019. Though it was his only new one that year. Fair to say he’s semi-retired.

The Knight can now move in a W fashion as L moves are strickly forbidden

1 Like

@clovis8
Found this on a tweet thread I follow…

https://mobile.twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1275516487667720193

Thanks. I’ll check it out. I’m not much of a fan of hers. When she left sex work she spent a long time trashing it and lying about many people in it.

1 Like

Well, that’s far less objectionable. I think that most of the time it’s at least partially about the sex. I’d also say that most of the time it is at least partially about the power.

If incels think the reason it happens because it is a natural consequence of being an incel, and that they are driven to it by their circumstances, then that’s pretty stupid. But that’s a very specific interpretation of “rape being about sex” and I didn’t realize that it was that very specific interpretation which you had in mind when you made your post.

5 Likes

EbU9dheUcAA5zs-

1 Like

Skittles decided to become all white for pride? Yeah, that seems about right.

In “Facebook is ALWAYS the Bad Guy” News

Last year, Facebook partnered with an organization, Science Feedback, that would bring in teams of Ph.D. climate scientists to evaluate the accuracy of viral content. It was an important expansion of the company’s third-party fact-checking program.

But now Facebook has reportedly decided to allow its staffers to overrule the climate scientists and make any climate disinformation ineligible for fact-checking by deeming it “opinion.”

I lol’ed. NSFW

https://twitter.com/BrujaBanton/status/1275981275359260677

2 Likes

Lol, I’ve been playing this game with (non-poker) friends ever since it got some attention on 2p2. It works quite well as a drinking game.

Popular Information has discovered a network of large Facebook pages — each built by exploiting racial bias, religious bigotry, and violence — that systematically promote content from The Daily Wire. These pages, some of which have over 2 million followers, do not disclose a business relationship with The Daily Wire. But they all post content from The Daily Wire ten or more times each day. Moreover, these pages post the exact same content from The Daily Wire at the exact same time .

The undisclosed relationship not only helps explain The Daily Wire’s unlikely success on Facebook but also appears to violate Facebook’s rules.

The network of large Facebook pages promoting The Daily Wire are all run by Corey and Christy Pepple, who are best known as the creators of Mad World News. Facebook pages controlled by the Pepples include Mad World News (2,176,003 followers), The New Resistance (2,857,876 followers), Right Stuff (610,809 followers), America First (577,753 followers), and American Patriot (447,799 followers).

How did the pages like Mad World News and The New Resistance grow so big? They did it by exploiting racism, religious bigotry, and violence.

Here is how it works. Most of the content on the five pages in this network consists of links to MadWorldNews.com and TadHaps.com, two websites owned by the Pepples. These sites identify incendiary stories — that are frequently months or years old — that prey on prejudice and fear. The sites then rewrite the stories with no indication that the story is old. This generates a “new” link that is able to thrive in Facebook’s algorithm.

Other stories published on TadHaps in the last few days include a remorseless Black gang member who dragged a police officer behind a stolen car, a fast food restaurant that was changed the name of menu items to be more respectful of Muslims, and a 13-year-old girl who was raped by five men. None of the stories mention that these incidents occurred months or years old.

This is scary shit.

Apparently the Chik-Fil-A CEO is too liberal now?

3 Likes

Today has been insane. Liverpool winning the league just brought all the tears. And then I found out that a good friend of mine from a few years ago, my best friend from the year I spent in Tallahassee who isn’t part of any other social network I have, passed away in February at 30 from a heart attack.

Do the shit you want to do or you don’t get to do it.

6 Likes

Zuck might go down as the literal WOAT.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1276341601632206848?s=21

“Can I be a dick and abuse the typo in this contract?” sounds right up law bro’s alley.

Based on my recollection of contracts class 15 years ago, obvious mistakes are generally voidable, but you may strengthen your ultimate case by scribbling something about this contract being the final agreement superceding all prior drafts or something. There is a general rule called the parol evidence rule that once parties have signed a contract you can’t bring in evidence they meant something other than the words in the contract.

Actual advice - correct the mistake and send t it back.

1 Like

It’s amazing how bad lawyers are at writing contracts. I routinely have to point out obvious omissions or cut and paste errors.

3 Likes

They’re not stupid, they’re bored. It is an awful job and a terrible way to make a living. There’s a reason lawyers at the bottom of every job satisfaction, mental health and addiction survey.

3 Likes

This is more of a practical problem than a legal one, as they are practically going to pay you the amount discussed and it won’t be practical for you to try to enforce the larger amount. Just sign the contract and countersue for the larger amount in the event they try to abuse you. Many small biz people like to play around with contracts when, for practical purposes, an email with key terms (amount, delivery date) is more than sufficient.