LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

They were Benito Mussolini’s club and still have an association with far-right/fascist politics in Italy. Here’s a banner from Celtic fans during a match between the two teams late last year.

It depicts Mussolini hung by his feet after his execution in 1945.

4 Likes

Trending on twitter right now. Maybe one of my favorite trends ever.

1 Like

Yugoslavia during their independence wars was way more intense

I don’t get it.

Whew. I didn’t ask cause I thought maybe I was the only one. 🤷🏼

We’ve never had the polis fire rubber bullets on us, our worst days in football violence was around the late 80’s to the start of the 90’s, alough I was in town unfortunately the day the English landed at Central Station, I was very lucky that day and managed to hide in an arcade.and they still ran amok in our city smashing up loads, no I was not involved lol.

The famous Cup Final scene here also caused a mass brawl around the city in all the pubs, probably our worst day for random violence ever in and around the streets 99% of shit that went down that day would have been unreported, we don’t generally goto the hospitals at that time and stitched ourselves up, I have a scar on the bum to prove it lol getting me dad out the pub, he was fine and still playing domino’s as the pub exploded and I was outside playing when the ensuing mob was also fighting outside unknown to my dad across the road from our house, my mum saved us both :blush:

Then when that Asshole started playing the imaginary flute on the park during a old firm match and again our city exploded, atleast 1 person was murdered that day, you couldn’t walk the streets without being challenged and multiple teens landed in ICU, for such a small city & alough at times we kid ourselves that it doesn’t run through our whole city’s blood, it really does.

It’s hard to explain growing up here, it’s was like having an occupying force in the area, knowingly known that as certain people appear, certain people leave, the friends you grow up with will always protect you, except when they can’t and a few have fallen not knowing that certain individuals just don’t give any sympathy to the other side, it’s a constant battle, luckily the bad stuff went on before I was born and our family basically split, I’ve lost more friends than I can count between ages 16/21 because of the football as I went to a mixed school, with all the recruiting going on with the OO and other divisions of the Unionists ( Marty could explain far better than me here).

Except for the football our city is a great place, and every year it has improved alough after Brexit who knows what will happen, if we manage to get Independence we’ll still need to fight a war within our own borders and that’s what scare most Scots if the truth be told, these boys have roots everywhere here.

1 Like

Worse European football clubs are definitely all further east than Lazio. They just rarely get in the news because unlike Lazio they hardly ever qualify for European football. I travelled all over Europe as a Feyenoord fan before I moved to Australia but tended to give the games in Russia, Romania and Yugoslavia a miss.
Worse I have seen personally was Feyenoord - Tottenham Hotspurs in the 83/84 season.

1 Like

I like Feyenoord fans, went to Rotterdam and ended in a cafe in the main centre just past the knew pedestrian area around 96, liked it very much :joy:

Got told by them when they smash the town up before a home game in protest again at the national team.

We tried to book Amsterdam and didn’t realise the same week was the Gay Olympics on, so off to Holland anyways and Rotterdam sounded good :joy: Spend a week travelling around though so not so bad, the Go_Carts there though :+1:

I moved into a new apartment last year and ended up getting a lovesac “sactional” and it is fucking awesome. Comfiest thing I’ve ever found and it’s completely reconfigurable. You can order them online customized to what you need and they’ll deliver to you.

Ohh don’t get me wrong, I’d never go back, but as European city’s go, it was very safe & the cafe we found had 3 floors were we met some locals at college while they got us weed and chilled all day, before heading to the Dam, 9 euros return wasn’t bad. :joy:

Is there some autocorrect going on here or is this something I need to know about immediately?

3 Likes

Bombs as in massive fireworks that hurt people were common. Biggest thing was Spurs fans making it into our side of the stadium where they were stabbed and thrown off the stands. One guy had a cracked skull, not sure if he ever recovered. Scottish and Irish fans are not at risk in Rotterdam or Holland. Feyenoord won its first Europa cup against Celtic and everyone always talked about how fans of both sides partied together. That was before my time though. Holland - Ireland national games are also always just a party. Rotterdam city centre was bombed in WW2 and rebuild in a horrible way. Only recently they are fixing some of that. Means you need to get out of the centre for anything nice.

3 Likes

Hahaha no, Lovesac is a brand–they became known for their ridic comfy giant sack chairs. They decided to get into the sectional couch market and went with the obvious name.

Starting to like these Celtic boys.

1 Like

Stay healthy, Bryce.

Hi Bryce.

My phone tries to autocorrect Bryce to Bruce.

Hey Bryce. I don’t know that I could have helped with your boredom, but I’m taking the dog out for a walk. See ya. Hope your sister and cousin are doing well.