LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

Earlier this year

Funny you should say that, actually.

1 Like

Just went to ikea for first time in years. It’s the closest thing to a hell on earth I can imagine.

2 Likes

Did you…

https://mobile.twitter.com/HPS_Vanessa/status/1271903516198658069

5 Likes

Why is buying a couch so hard! Is it just COVID. Nobody has any in stock and everyone says 10-12 weeks wait. How is there a run on couches? Are couches the new toilet paper? I’m so confused. I thought this would be an hour job. Grrrrrrr.

This is a mystery all around the world, it’s because there made on order or come from abroad etc, and most fitters will be laying low atm.

1 Like

Good thing you’re a Celtic fan. Didn’t want to have to start hating you.

2 Likes

When I was in Rome, I wanted to find a bar nearby to watch AS Roma play. The bar I picked was apparently a Lazio-themed bar and I didn’t notice it. I left pretty fucking quickly once I saw what was up. Definitely a bit disturbed.

1 Like

Yeah… Wow… What a place to pick, I’d imagine it’s something like being in the Bristol Bar here in Glasgow.

Lazio fans are renowned around Europe as being utter discussing human beings, worst of the worst.

2 Likes

This is squarely in @JohnnyTruant 's wheelhouse. I’m sure he can shed some light on this.

1 Like

Dammit so I need to know a guy to buy a couch now! Worse than drugs.

People were buying so much furniture that the local trash pickup stopped taking the old stuff because it slowed down the route too much.

Do Lazio fans ever get to mix it up with English hooligans?

English hooligans are barely a thing anymore. The real soccer badasses are Russian or Brazilian.

So we bought new couches right before the whole shutdown back in the first week of March. I’m going to have to place furniture sales people right up there with used car sales people.

Like why do those jobs exist if not only to make the product cost more. There’s no t-shirt sales people or iPhone sales people that get paid on commission.

Ya it crazy how much friction if built into buying something so simple. How has someone not fixed this?

Build your own couch. If you’re not too handy…

1 Like

English football hooligans have Brexit and far right politics to keep them busy now.

And true to form, even wearing his teams colours…

No doubt they have, after all the English hooligans were the worst back in the 80’s before they got banned…

On June 2, 1985, the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) bans English football (soccer) clubs from competing in Europe . The ban followed the death of 39 Italian and Belgian football fans at Brussels’ Heysel Stadium in a riot caused by English football hooligans at that year’s European Cup final.

English football clubs banned from Europe | June 2, 1985 | HISTORY.

The 80’s was a real bad time for football violence, once they came back the European’s had a big edge and the Dutch + German Ultras hooligans ran amok as most of the English had ridden their clubs of the worst of their firms (Ultras) during those times, nowadays most English battles occur in the lower divisions.

Then here most violent individuals end up in the drug trade before reaching a firm so the make_up of them tends to be middle class kids looking for excitement alough there’s still some decent teams around, their few and fewer every year.

The Russian firms offered them a rukus and told them about it for almost 4 years to prepare, it lasted like 2 mins before the Russian team said fuck it and started on everyone else. France 2016

As you can see, these boys ain’t Ultras there Army trained etc, it was fucking wild over there for fighting, The guys I play my online game send me links as they love CelticFC and have fan clubs for CelticFC etc, there training is out in the outskirts and it’s like training camps for teens, fight club with tactical training and all.

These boys don’t drink and trained since childhood, it’s scary.

3 Likes