LC Thread 2020: What the PUNK? ROCK.

Was disappointed your quote didn’t end with ‘through the lens of dance’.

1 Like

To elaborate on my vote, Florida should in no way be close to the likes of Mississippi, Arkansas or Nebraska. Sure, we have a sordid history of horrific oppression of black people and native Americans, just like those other states. And, yeah, our government has been run by corrupt, grifting, scumbags from the start (one notable exception Bob Graham), just like those other states. But we have something they don’t, crazy and hilarious dysfunctional people plus the best beaches in the country and we grow like 70 percent of the winter vegetables for the east coast.

Also 70% of its landmass will be under the Gulf of Mexico in 100 years (those numbers may vary) so FL is the least of your concerns.

If I’m getting a Marco Rubio card I better be buying a biggest scumbags set.

There are?

https://twitter.com/govkristinoem/status/1317454451146428416

https://twitter.com/8layerdip/status/1317524408777515008

4 Likes

Random brag:

I’ve had my Samsung smart phone for 3 years now. I have never put any kind of protective casing on it. I don’t pay for insurance on my plan either. The screen is perfectly intact, and no other damage either.

I like to live dangerously, and I saved ~$300.

How do you protect your device?
  • Case + insurance
  • Case + no insurance
  • No case + insurance
  • No case + no insurance

0 voters

Buying insurance for consumer electronics and stuff is almost always -EV.

10 Likes

Been thinking about going no case for awhile now.

1 Like

Just ordered 50 oysters to be delivered for our Michigan getaway. They can’t be that hard to shuck right?

Not that hard. Just go slow and be patient. Trying to go too fast or forcing them open (instead of working with the natural anatomy of the oyster) is what leads to accidents.

1 Like

I did cheap phones, no case, YOLO for many years without incident. A little over a year ago I finally broke down and bought a used Pixel 3 after switching carriers and no longer being able to reliably get a good signal. By far my most expensive phone purchase ever.

Of course, I shattered the back glass within a couple weeks. Only reason it’s in a case now is to keep all the shards contained and keep dirt out of it.

I love the absurdity of selling very sleek, very expensive, and very fragile devices that then need to be substantially bulked up for protection for normal use.

That’s what she said.

3 Likes

I never had a case for my phone until I got the iphone 6, the rounded edges made it basically impossible to hold and I dropped it constantly (i.e. like 6 times in the first two days I had it). I am not in a big hurry to get the 12 but I will probably not get a case if I do upgrade.

1 Like

Thank you. Great advice. Is it better to shuck all 50 then eat or eat as you shuck. There is only 4 of us.

Of course. They wouldn’t sell it if it wasn’t.

The brief time I worked as a cashier at Best Buy they always told us to push insurance on anybody buying large electronics. You’re selling them nothing but promises that they’ll forget you made the minute they leave the store.

Make shucking part of the meal. It’s more of an experience.

You should definitely get a shucking glove.

1 Like

Unless there will be a level of alcohol consumption involved that might make handling an oyster knife a bad idea later in the meal (which can sometimes be an issue with some members of my family), I like to shuck as I go.

1 Like