LC thoughts for intellectual elites

I understand the sentiment but these kinds of generalizations are not very valuable. I also wonder who will change things if not the people in power? If the current people in power are removed and replaced you simply have new people in power.

1 Like

I took it to mean that the people need to make the leaders change things. They are not going to do it on their own.

1 Like

That makes more sense. I totally agree. The citizens must hold the power to account.

2 Likes

Big Gabor Mate fan. His book is excellent.

He had a good interview with Russel Brand midway last year

I really enjoy the London Real interviews, and this one with Gabor was no different.

If you look at his childhood, that’s what you see. A father who was demeaning, humiliating, attacking, and aggressive. A mother who was ineffective in protecting their kids. One of his brothers drank himself to death. And Trump survived by scattering his attention, by tuning out. Because he’s got severe ADHD. He can’t finish a page of a memo. He’s got no impulse regulation. He wakes up at 3 in the morning, he has to tweet. He can’t hold anything.

And he is an angry, jealous, fearful man with zero self concept, which causes him to make himself as grandiose as possible. And he has to prove that "more people went to my party than Barry’s party. " You know, his predecessor. It’s on that level.

So he’s a deeply traumatized guy, and this is the man that the country elevated to the most powerful position in our land.

3 Likes

Watched both those videos, both very good. I am going to check out his book soon too.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.

• Jean Paul Sartre
2 Likes

Why.

3 Likes

got a good lol outta this.

1 Like

The only thing that is inherently valuable is pleasure.

2 Likes

Why is that so small?

OIC, ty.

I’m honored. I think.

Yes, good post.

2 Likes

That’s what she said?

2 Likes

1 Like