1 Like

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

east coast stains representin

2 Likes

u got the right vid in here? i saw a ninja edit

@BestOf

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

3 Likes

awww fuck I can’t believe you’ve done this. Gonna waste so much time on this now…

Also, my fave dance vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBhcQKE-tGo

Also, loving posting about this in a “thoughts for intellectual elites” thread.

2 Likes

It all makes sense, when trippin’ off on some trip in a thread designed as repository for such errrr

1 Like

The movie Fame Goat

i feel ya, bro, Im 12 minutes deep in that video loool

I love all the variations of that ‘seated position’ passage of the choreography.

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

I’m so proud of all of you

3 Likes

lol Must watch

Not sure if this qualifies for this thread, but I saw it on a wine forum I frequent and thought it was pretty good.

9 Likes

2 Likes

“There are what appear to be many paradoxes. Courses of action, which in common sense would lead to one result, turn out in fact to lead to an opposite.” - Alan Watts

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/shutupaida/status/1224571493956214784

7 Likes

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about things I want vs. things I want to want. I want to eat doritos and watch Dr. Phil clips on youtube. I want to want to go to the gym and read novels. People Are SayingTM that what it is to be free is to follow your second-order desires (the things you want to want). Seems maybe right.

2 Likes

I generally agree with this.

I think the thing is develop discernment. What you really want and how to manifest that in the real world in a way that works for you.

Sometimes it means breaking free from the things standing in the way. That can be similar to realizing you’ve been drinking/eating Doritos/posting on Unstuck with your free time at the cost of anything with personally meaningful.

But it can also mean balance. Assuming you are capable of having both. Some people aren’t capable of watching TV, posting about politics, drinking, eating Doritos. It instantly consumes them and all of their time. So they just have to say no. Never.

I also think it’s about discovering ways to pursue what matters to you that feels intrinsically satisfying. But we get in trouble because the things that SEEM intrinsically satisfying are often short-term and have a long-tailed satiety point.

We have to engage in a persistent and long-term pursuit of something that manifests a satisfaction that eclipses the short-term rush of eating Doritos. And we have to do that enough time to integrate the differences in those two things so that we enjoy our vices but feel an equal or greater drive now to engage with the things that bring our lives meaning and fulfillment.

Which will on occasion include eating Doritos. But will also include phone banking. Calling friends. A quiet night with a loved one.

And sometimes nothing at all. I forget where I heard it, some tv show discussing addiction. One character said but if I give this up, I will have nothing.

And the other character said yeah, but maybe nothing is preferable to what you’ve got now.

(I think it was the HBO series Euphoria season one)

What does going to the gym and reading bring to your life?

4 Likes

I hesitate to Google…what is trap music?

1 Like