Land of Hope & Glory? - UK Politics and other stuff

Boris Johnson has asked the attorney general, Geoffrey Cox, whether parliament can be shut down for five weeks from 9 September in what appears to be a concerted plan to stop MPs forcing a further extension to Brexit, according to leaked government correspondence.

An email from senior government advisers to an adviser in No 10 – written within the last 10 days and seen by the Observer – makes clear that the prime minister has recently requested guidance on the legality of such a move, known as prorogation. The initial legal guidance given in the email is that shutting parliament may well be possible, unless action being taken in the courts to block such a move by anti-Brexit campaigners succeeds in the meantime.

This fucking wanker…

Boris Johnson fuckface

1 Like

Sometimes in order to ensure the sovereignty of Parliament you just have to shut down Parliament and stop them from voting against you

1 Like

Boris Johnson has said the £39bn Brexit divorce bill would not “strictly speaking” be owed to Brussels in full in the event of no deal, insisting: “It’s not a threat. It’s a reality.”

Speaking to broadcasters as he prepared to meet the European council president, Donald Tusk, Johnson said: “If we come out without an agreement it is certainly true that the £39bn is no longer, strictly speaking, owed.”

He told ITV: “There will be very substantial sums available to our country to spend on our priorities. It’s not a threat. It’s a simple fact of reality.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/JazzTehara/status/1165141248459644929

My old Tesco that I used was great for the 8/9pm discounts that I bought like 10 sandwiches for me and the homeless about out city centre, the new place I moved too has a que the size off an Isle at 8/9pm nowadays that’s mostly all mothers with kids.

Can’t see it embedded there but his ‘meal’ looked like fucking slop, I’d have been gutted to waste 97p on it. Hard to fathom the mind of someone who takes an afternoon of their life just to have an unprovoked pop at poor people, but why would you want to, I guess.

Boris Johnson pulled interview after criticism by head of news, says Channel 4
Broadcaster says team flew to Biarritz but were denied access over Dorothy Byrne’s comments
Channel 4 News has said that Downing Street froze it out of a planned interview at the G7 summit because of criticism of Boris Johnson by the channel’s head of news, who had described him as a “known liar” and a “coward”.

According to the editor of Channel 4 News, Ben de Pear, a team of journalists had flown to Biarritz after being invited but Downing Street advisers then said Dorothy Byrne’s criticism of the prime minister had resulted in access being denied.

The sad part for me was that I actually make that Stir Fry with Blue Dragon products, Sauce and there mixed vegetables + chicken… I make another 1 with chilli sauce, beef and spring onions, onions, garlic, bamboo shoots etc. Sometimes adding in fresh fruit to both, helps. :sweat_smile:

Mine does look slightly better though. :sweat_smile:

Boris Johnson has played down the prospects of striking a trade agreement with Donald Trump within 12 months, saying that timetable was “tight” and would require flexibility from the US.

Trump talked up the prospects for a US-UK trade agreement when the two men met face to face in Biarritz on Sunday, for the first time since Johnson became prime minister.

The US president said they would sign a “very big trade deal, bigger than we’ve ever had,” once the UK is freed from the “anchor” of the EU around its “ankle”.

You don’t say? :unamused:

This. Get away from Tory arsehole vulture politicians and their xenophobic voters. I wish the independence referendum had come along after the Brexit vote, not before. Took a while but my bro in law eventually voted yes to independence after being totally anti -independence beforehand. Now he’s easy snap all-in w independence after another few more years of the Tory shit show.

Sorry for all the good English folk, but I’ll cling to the EU not the UK. We’ll take the north of England with us if they wanna come.

1 Like

nah fk them, they’re voted brexit, so they can enjoy being crushed by tories for decades.

It just looked all brown and too liquid-y, but then I can’t talk - a meal I could make myself with noodles is more like beans + noodles = pound shop bolognese. But I’m not bragging on twitter like that wanker. Or expecting anyone else but myself to suffer it.

1 Like

Gordon Brown calls on MPs to order no-deal Brexit inquiry
Government should be forced to produce independent study on effects of no deal, says ex-PM

Telling porkies? Boris Johnson’s Melton Mowbray pork pie claim fails truth test
PM bites off more than he can chew when calling for relaxation of US red tape around UK delicacy

Brexit: EU ‘would block trade deal if Britain reneged on bill’
UK must honour its debts before starting to negotiate trade deal, say Brussels sources

https://mobile.twitter.com/ATaylor/status/1165936415542272000

Yip… Try getting a New Deal when you screwed your last suppliers out of 39Bil.

Lol’d hard at “had a Chinese”

Hard to Be Soft: A Belfast Prayer embodies machismo and feminine swagger in dance, illuminating the violence and vulnerability of choreographer Oona Doherty’s hometown. Read our review

@marty