Kinetic Wrist Sculptures

Anyway, what I’m wearing today:

1 Like

<3 squares

Do you have any combis?

Just a basic 3-hander with date. Same model that DiCaprio wears in Inception.

1 Like

try on a nomos in person, it’s the best modern watch under 40mm until you get to rolex

1 Like

Do we know for certain if Michael Davis is a BAUHAUS guy though? Quite a different thing from the deco Reverso. Also, LeBron was rocking that new Oyster Perp Stella in biohazard orange. Like what other watch out there screams “I’m a Top Shot baller” like that one does? Might just have to pay up.

2 Likes

Oh yea? Well I’m rocking the Steinhart Nav B-Uhr 44 to eat pizza inside a restaurant. Suck it Bron.

2 Likes

Imagine if Rolex released a limited NFT dial for Apple watch. Would probably sell for way more than the current sport prices.

2 Likes

you mean ani-digi? I have been wanting to pick one up but I’m not crazy about the g-shock models. I like the seiko arnie reissue but I am not really crazy about their solar movements (I don’t have a particular reason for this, I will probably just pull the trigger). I’ve had two casio AMW320s which I really like aesthetically, but they both basically fell apart.

The 5600 squares that have the special combi bracelets. I tried one on and it feels and looks great compared to the stock resin straps, but no way was I paying $200 retail when there are so many Casio discounts and sales online.

My father would like a Rolex, even the ugliest one, but he’s also said he’d be happy with a decent fake. I’m not inclined to pay over $5,000 to buy him a watch, but I wouldn’t mind paying a few hundred.

Any ideas on how to go about finding a quality fake Rolex? Bonus points if it’s something I can do in Vegas in a couple of weeks.

Walk down the strip and look for a guy in a trench coat?

I’ve never seen a guy like that on the Strip.

Yes, I’m pretty sure Tudor watches are readily available in Vegas.

:trollface:

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/premium-line/ocean-one-39-double-green-ceramic-premium.html

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/gmt-ocean-one-39-blue-red.html

You’re better off getting a steinhart homage because they’re actually quality made and unless you look real close they can pass

I really dunno though. I’m not that into Rolex except for the vintage bubble back California dials, many of which are “fake” redialed Tudors.

I guess it depends on what you consider fake. The thing about a quality fake is that the entire purpose would be to charge a relatively high price for it compared to, say, a really bad Chinese knockoff, so I’m not sure what the point would be. How much are you looking to spend?

ahhhh yeah I’ve seen those but didn’t know what they were called. Yeah, not interested, especially at those prices. I love using a zulu with the strap adapters.

I’m willing to spend a few hundred–closer to one and definitely not above five–on a fake Rolex if it is good enough to fool someone who doesn’t know much about watches and is a functional timepiece that won’t just fall apart within a year. I’ve talked with a watch aficionado who said there are some really good fakes that go for over $1000 and are worth it.

The point is my dad likes conspicuous consumption labels, but is perfectly fine with counterfeit goods.

you’re not going to get a good fake from a guy on the street. there are decent quality “replicas” that you can get on the internet, at varying levels of quality. You can probably get something passable that won’t instantly fall apart for $300-500. The websites for these move around quite a bit, I’m not really sure where the reputable sellers are, but there are replica watch forums out there that should make it pretty easy to find them.

That is so lame that I actually want to find your dad a shitty replica of the Air-King Domino’s Pizza now.

4 Likes

Oh, I’d like to find him the ugliest Rolex possible, but I suspect that will be weirdly expensive, based on how I view some of the designer clothes that rich people wear.