Kamala / Walz 2024

let’s just bring Beto back… put texas in play… lol.

2 Likes

Abortion, Abortion, Abortion, Supreme Court is out of control, Abortion, Abortion, Abortion, Ukraine, Putin, Ukraine, Putin, Abortion, Abortion, Supreme Court is out of control, Medicare for All

All winning topics and I think that’s about the right relative importance

And try to never speak of Gaza / Israel at all. It’s a horrible issue taking either side will piss off voters they need and trying to take a middle option pisses off everyone even worse. If it is directly asked, try to just answer a different question about Ukraine and Putin

3 Likes

I mostly agree with this but I’m not convinced Ukraine/Putin is a winner amongst the types of swing voters that are big on the “stop sending my tax dollars overseas” rhetoric.

Try to do the old Mayor Pete reverse card on that one.

“If you think financially supporting Ukraine is expensive, think of how much money we’d need to spend when Putin attacks a NATO ally. He can never think there’s a reason to doubt our resolve”

3 Likes

Eh-r9FHWoAE-HY1

13 Likes

https://x.com/NILES100/status/1815435505926107414?t=6iPuadwPChjYVMUWRNUHkw&s=09

6 Likes

New contender

4 Likes

and again

https://x.com/adamwren/status/1815869869738373290

Also

And

the people want Pete!

7 Likes

Ehhhh how bout no

Not this guy plz

1 Like

I feel like Shapiro would kill all of the good vibes, especially with GenZ. Charter schools? Israel?

no.

14 Likes

How’s Kamala’s golf game, by the way?

1 Like

Seems bizarre that Buttigieg hasn’t been included in any of the reported lists about who Harris is considering.

Maybe they have some kind of beef with each other?

Souring on Shapiro quite a bit the more I learn about him.

Really liking this Walz guy. Warming up to Kelly as maybe not as bad an option as I initially thought.

My rankings:
Gretch/Walz/Pete (basically a tie)
Kelly
Beshear
Shapiro
Cooper
Pritzker

3 Likes

I haven’t heard him speak much, but just from his bio he seems like he would be a great heat shield (pun intended) for the Dems are anti-American attack. Military service, served as an astronaut. I know gun control is a touchy subject, but if anyone can make the case for “common sense reforms” it’s gotta be the guy whose wife was shot in the head at a grocery store (and you know Trump would say something wild about that.)

Plus, he has a twin, so they could play pranks like having his brother attend the really boring cabinet meeting and ribbon cuttings.

6 Likes

My main issue with Kelly was giving up a swing state senate seat that still has 4 years on it.

But it looks like the governor can just appoint someone for 2 of those years, that takes a little bit of the sting off.

One explanation is that as a cabinet secretary, there’s far more publicly available information on him than on the others. That being said, I think the more likely story is that he’s not being considered.

I think my ranking is Pete >Minnesota guy >astronaut

1 Like

Kelly became the betting favorite over the past day on polymarket ahead of Shapiro, but unions, or at least union leadership, is not on board.

1 Like

He’s already been vetted nationally, not to mention he’s definitely got TS/SCI clearance, which is an incredibly thorough background check. Not sure they give governors that kind of clearance.

Listen to those interviews. He’s definitely being considered. The night before Biden dropped, he and Chasten spent the entire evening with the Harris/Emhoff family, and they spoke on the phone on Sunday.

He also seems to have a proponent in Jen Psaki, who basically described him at the end of that clip when they were talking about what the pick needs to have/be.

All that being said, I’m pretty sure they’re gonna go the Tim Kaine route, which is Cooper or Walz, basically.

5 Likes

sigh