Kamala / Walz 2024

I have no idea but given he’s wearing a Michigan state shirt, I assume he lost a bet.

My only contribution to the spice debate is I went to a great Thai restaurant and they asked how how I wanted my food rated one to five chilies and I said, “four” and the sweet small elderly Thai lady looked at me and pursed her lips and said, “No, I think you’re more of a three chili person”, so I took her suggestion AND SHE WAS RIGHT. Level three was perfect. I went back another time and ordered it at the four chili level and it was too hot.

8 Likes

Doubt

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.epi.org/page/-/old/briefingpapers/1989_bp_scapegoating.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjH44e28fmHAxXAJEQIHdf0C8Y4ChAWegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw3dhWS4VdDi6SJpWeZdbI6h

1 Like

My friend who thinks hes a spice handler came to Seattle shortly after I moved there and we went to a thai restaurant. When they asked his spice level he said 5 and the waiter said, no no, I think you might want a 3.

He insisted and I got to have the joy of watching the cooking staff laugh at him as he tried to finish his inedible meal. That was a lot of fun.

1 Like

FACT CHECK: tim walz is just pretending to be a weak nerd. in truth he is super dope

1 Like

Keep in mind you’re on the Western scale. Don’t do this in Thailand. Three will kill you.

3 Likes

This chart making me tempted to move back to Ohio tbh

Everything you need to know about Twitter in one image lol. Unbelievable.

This is like the Clark Kent getting busted for being Superman but for white Minnesotan cuisine

1 Like

I actually can handle spice pretty well, but wind up toning it down at restaurants because my physical reaction to it is embarrassing. Like I’ll be chowing down on a nice vindaloo at an Indian place and will be otherwise stoic, but my face will look like a combination of

and

nervous Robert Hays GIF

5 Likes

I enjoy it fine at the time. But the next day my butthole feels like a combination of the two images above.

3 Likes

lmao…“hot dish” is not hot.

A study from the bush admin?

Anyway, rent control suppresses new construction of all levels of housing, makes upkeep and maintenance prohibitively difficult, and rewards existing renters at the expense of new ones.

Of course the way around this is to exempt new construction from rent control laws. The CA prop does not do this.

1 Like

Forward
https://x.com/OBEYGIANT/status/1824189369550619067

2 Likes

2 Likes

I had a couple friends in college that reacted like this to spicy food. Getting wings with them was incredible. Just top notch entertainment.

5 Likes

lmao, every time I go to a Thai restaurant I make fun of myself and my “culture” because when I say I want a 7, I add “not a white person 7, a REAL 7”. And the server always knows exactly what I mean and makes sure I mean it.

They absolutely use a different amount of spice back in the kitchen for white people, they know it, I know it, and we joke about it.

OH NO so offensive!!!

4 Likes

I absolutely cannot tolerate spicy food at all, but I always order dishes as hot as possible because I have been a bad boy and I deserve to be punished.

9 Likes

You were talking about economists and you’re making a point about Detroit, a city that is practically abandoned? And Mumbai? And California YIMBY? I posted an analysis of studies from the Economic Policy Institute.

1 Like

Vote for it if you want, just know that NIMBY republicans are cheering this measure because it will basically allow them to halt most new construction/development.

I’m a hardcore housing supply YIMBY, and I will be making these arguments against this proposition until it fails, or until it has to get repealed next cycle because it will make our housing crisis even worse.

4 Likes

I don’t dispute any of this. The problem is you’re a religious zealot and it doesn’t matter what the claim was about Rent Control being bad, you’d have to agree with it. It should clearly affect the decisions to build housing, but to just assume it doesn’t actually benefit any large group of people is just dumb. There are trade offs in the world. Is, Rent Control causes cancer! next?

1 Like