Joe Rogan

More bonus points for how we call peoples ‘indigenous’ because there aren’t records of what peoples came before them, because, wait for it, white people destroyed their written records (especially egregious when it came to the Mayans). The whole concept of labelling a people as ‘indigenous’ is a white supremacist framing, still built on the back of the idea that history started when white people ‘discovered’ it.

I could keep going.

2 Likes

I would be shocked if anyone on this forum needed the reference explained.

How is Bernie Madoff a household face for you all?

1 Like

How is it not for you?

Good question, I’m trying to think of other people who I could describe their life and what they’re notorious for without really knowing what they look like.

I don’t know what Charles Ponzi or Bob McPyramid, inventor of the pyramid scheme, look like either.

4 Likes

You might if you were alive and politically aware when Ponzi did his thing.

Oh snap I knew you were trying to fire some lowkey passive-aggressive SHATS.

I actually read Madoff’s wikipedia article a couple weeks ago to get a refresher on some of the minor details, and his mug is plastered there so I should’ve recognized it regardless but, nope.

I want to say one of the reasons I went to the wikipedia but it might be a spoiler for a novel I hope everybody reads:

Everyone on this forum is pretty politically aware. I would wager that almost all of us remember what Bernie Madoff looks like. If you don’t for whatever reason that’s no big deal. It’s not a SHAT.

1 Like

He looked vaguely familiar. I thought it was Rob Kardashian at first but then I was like “Nah, that’s not it.” Then I knew it was Madoff.

I’m really just trying to hide the fact that I think all white people look alike. I was like, “Oh, Mosdef posted a picture of Whitey McShirtntie, I wonder what he’s trying to say with this post.”

1 Like

I think post-Trump we all need to be very cautious giving oxygen to these kinds of people. “Oh, he’s just a silly MMA bro, he’s not ever going to run for president and fuck up the country” is not a safe notion anymore.

This aliens thing is a total derail as it was simply brought up by someone who used to listen to the show about how it used to be to others who used to watch a show and seemingly those people got it.

I am not defending Rogan or his audience or guests as not being racists. But that wholly missed why it was brought up and again every such reference is not racist.

2 Likes

9 Likes

Who is Tiny Hat Man?

This has some serious racist undertones with the half English.

1 Like

No dude it doesn’t. Jfc you gotta stop calling everything racist. They’re portraying him as a dumb caveman barbarian king type.

17 Likes

All I’m saying is if there were a civilization consisted entirely of Joe Rogans, they wouldn’t have been smart enough to build the pyramids. I don’t think this is that controversial.

2 Likes

It seems kinda problematic to me.

1 Like

It’s basically channeling Conan the Barbarian. Someone from a long time ago. Not everything is racist

2 Likes