Joe Rogan

How is Bernie Madoff a household face for you all?

1 Like

How is it not for you?

Good question, I’m trying to think of other people who I could describe their life and what they’re notorious for without really knowing what they look like.

I don’t know what Charles Ponzi or Bob McPyramid, inventor of the pyramid scheme, look like either.

4 Likes

You might if you were alive and politically aware when Ponzi did his thing.

Oh snap I knew you were trying to fire some lowkey passive-aggressive SHATS.

I actually read Madoff’s wikipedia article a couple weeks ago to get a refresher on some of the minor details, and his mug is plastered there so I should’ve recognized it regardless but, nope.

I want to say one of the reasons I went to the wikipedia but it might be a spoiler for a novel I hope everybody reads:

Everyone on this forum is pretty politically aware. I would wager that almost all of us remember what Bernie Madoff looks like. If you don’t for whatever reason that’s no big deal. It’s not a SHAT.

1 Like

He looked vaguely familiar. I thought it was Rob Kardashian at first but then I was like “Nah, that’s not it.” Then I knew it was Madoff.

I’m really just trying to hide the fact that I think all white people look alike. I was like, “Oh, Mosdef posted a picture of Whitey McShirtntie, I wonder what he’s trying to say with this post.”

1 Like

I think post-Trump we all need to be very cautious giving oxygen to these kinds of people. “Oh, he’s just a silly MMA bro, he’s not ever going to run for president and fuck up the country” is not a safe notion anymore.

This aliens thing is a total derail as it was simply brought up by someone who used to listen to the show about how it used to be to others who used to watch a show and seemingly those people got it.

I am not defending Rogan or his audience or guests as not being racists. But that wholly missed why it was brought up and again every such reference is not racist.

2 Likes

9 Likes

Who is Tiny Hat Man?

This has some serious racist undertones with the half English.

1 Like

No dude it doesn’t. Jfc you gotta stop calling everything racist. They’re portraying him as a dumb caveman barbarian king type.

17 Likes

All I’m saying is if there were a civilization consisted entirely of Joe Rogans, they wouldn’t have been smart enough to build the pyramids. I don’t think this is that controversial.

2 Likes

It seems kinda problematic to me.

1 Like

It’s basically channeling Conan the Barbarian. Someone from a long time ago. Not everything is racist

2 Likes

Trying to argue that barbarian tropes aren’t racist doesn’t seem viable to me.

1 Like

Wait are we really trying to be anti racist to barbarians???

2 Likes