Jerusalem Clashes 2021

This all just seems so incredibly short sighted by Israel. They can’t honestly expect to exist in perpetuity surrounded by larger, hostile states they keep antagonizing. At some point the economic, political or military realities are going to shift in the region.

not sure what that means. whatever you think of Israel, none of the surrounding countries give a flying fuck about Palestinians. Egypt would love to wipeout Gaza. Jordan is ruled by a tiny minority that wants nothing to do with Palestinians. Lebanon and Syria are a clusterfuck.

There actually been a large progress in relationship with Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and UAE in the last few years mostly for awful reasons such as ‘allowing’ the US to sell them F-16’s in exchange for peace treaties.

To me that all seems like a very fragile status quo. I’m also not thinking so much about what happens in the next 5-10 years but rather the next 50-100.

i would have thought the same in 1968 but for some reason not giving a fuck about people in worse situation than you appears to be a timeless quality.

1 Like

Yeah, Israel is in a more secure position than ever really. Saudi Arabia is practically an ally, but then SA isn’t in that great a position and them falling could cause some disruption in the area. And it’s not like their relationship with the US is threatened by this. And of course their relationship with China isn’t.

Seems to me that SA, Bahrain, and the UAE have just come to terms with the fact that as fellow right-wing militarized societies they are pretty natural allies of Israel and of course, common enemy: Iran.

That there shouldn’t be an Israel?

https://mobile.twitter.com/marwasf/status/1392741349405954048

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCRosAtkins/status/1392565629052411918
https://mobile.twitter.com/theIMEU/status/1392553800070750210

How can people tell who’s Palestinian and who isn’t? Language? Attire?

EDIT: I guess they’re marching through Palestine rather than finding people in Israel of Palestinian descent?

What tweet are you referring too?

99% sure that was not a Palestinian neighborhood.

Really really disgusting. Shameful.

download.jpeg-2

1 Like

It’s not just that. There are lots of dark skinned Jews.

I know. But unruly mobs like to take shortcuts.

240px-Lviv_pogrom_(June_-_July_1941)

Yea this definitely doesn’t work for profiling in Israel.

1 Like

This reverse image searched to ‘gina carano jewish post’.

Suck balls because she was hot, seemingly personable and a MMA pioneer. Now she’s a deplorable conspiracy theorist.

There are disgusting terrible fighting between Jewish and Arab israelis within cities such as Acre, Lod, Jaffa, Bat Yam. There were 2 lynch cases yesterday, one of a Jewish Israeli in Acre and one of an Arab Israeli in Bat Yam.

Both were caught on tape and are disgusting to watch and i hope every single person there rot in prison.

But then I read that IMEU tweet SMAAC posted and it paints such a wrong picture of something that is already so wrong.

It’s a weird feeling cause I either have to let ‘wrong’ information out there or correct it and then it appears like i’m defending these lowlives.

@superuberbob Bat Yam is a almost completely Jewish city bordering Tel Aviv. They are not marching in Palestine.

It’s exactly what I fear the most, a full blown civil war between civilians that will end up with sending the military into cities in Israel. As bad as the police might be, the army on city streets will be a disaster. Bibi already wants to change the law to allow him to do that, but his defense secretary is still successfully putting up a fight.

1 Like

Are Arab Israelis cool with Palestinians?

In what sense? I don’t think “arab israelis” are all the same in any way. some view themselves as Palestinians first and foremost. Some i guess are less political. Palestinian nationality is a complicated subject that i think is best left for Palestinians to define themselves.