ITV: Impeachment Television

The only thing that matters is he’ll appoint SCOTUS judges who will overturn Roe v. Wade.

Rs have created a bunch of single issue voters and know they can do anything they want w/o losing them.

You should copy and paste this to every Democrat in congress and let them know we’ll fight like hell to primary them if they do anything short

2 Likes

I am was thinking about this earlier and to be a single issue voter, whose primary issue is banning abortion is some kind of specific brain schism, especially in the world we live in today.

I think it’s just an excuse not to totally buck the tide of my religious aunts that she hangs out with all the time. Tribalism trumps all,

2 Likes

If you genuinely believe that abortion = murder I kind of get it… It’s 600k+ murders per year. Basically as bad as the holocaust. Then I realize that if you believe that the only moral thing to do is immediately carry out a terrorist attack on an abortion clinic… or at least pour money into subsidizing new mothers to the nth degree (something that you could even argue for from a public policy perspective… but no instead they load young women up with student loan debt lolol).

In reality most of these people don’t believe what they claim to believe… it’s just the most convenient explanation for why they continue to vote for their tribe as that tribe descends further and further into madness.

Meanwhile their leaders know that if they ever actually did succeed in getting rid of legal abortion at the federal level it would be a political disaster… for them.

2 Likes

The thing is my Mom is (I think) ok with 1st trimester. She’s more or less said she’d be willing to compromise on that. But then I pointed out to her that it would be just like guns and Rs would still run on “Dems are going to start murdering 9-month old babies again!” basically forever. To which she kind of nodded that yeah that sounds right.

She just buys all the propaganda that babies feel pain and look like little humans at 3 months or w/e. And she believes all the propaganda that Democrats torture little babies to death just minutes from being born.

@BestOf

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1198345727388184576

2 Likes

Yea, this is the giveaway that the abortion argument only works on zeroeth level thinkers. If you truly believed that abortion was murder, you would be fighting for every possible incentive to keep those mothers from making that decision: things like a higher minimum wage, universal healthcare, and student debt forgiveness.

Instead it’s all punitive, because they view the women making these decisions as subhuman. There’s surely a “welfare queen” aspect to this, as well–these comfortable white suburbanites view abortion-havers as young, poor, and probably disproportionately black–adding to the justification in their eyes to treat these people punitively rather than help them.

I know this has nothing to do with impeachment but I wanted to highlight your point because it’s a good one that I feel like gets lost. Abortion voters don’t actually care about women or their babies, they just pretend to–so FUCK pandering to them and anyone like them.

2 Likes

Exhibit 350136942 why Reps are so much better at messaging. They decide on a talking point and repeat it ad nauseam until it is accepted as gospel by their voters and the uninformed.

5 Likes

The Dems shouldn’t debase themselves just because the GOP does. Fuck the rubes and anyone that thinks at a 2nd grade education level. I don’t care if it works.

1 Like

I’d take it at 30-1, the line is 11c on PredictIt fwiw, I’m certainly a no at 11c but 30-1 feels pretty good. If Trump continues to devolve mentally they might go a 25th Amendment route for mental incapacity instead of impeachment so I’d try to get that put down as a win for you, also carve out no-action provisions if Trump dies in office or is removed for physical incapacity.

I admire the message discipline. Imagine how the overton window shifts if every Dem repeats “Medicare for All saves 10 trillion dollars!”

2 Likes

I like Bill Burr and everything but if he can’t find out an impeachment breakdown on Google, he’s a fucking idiot. Googling impeachment breakdown takes 2 seconds.

I mean at some point, personal responsibility comes in. Looking this stuff up is not hard. And let’s be honest. None of this shit affects Bill Burr. He’s a millionaire that benefits from Trump’s tax cuts. It is laughable to call him an average Joe. His intellectual curiosity is basically “Why is everyone bitching about Trump so much?” and he gave up after 30 seconds. Boo fucking hoo poor Bill Burr just can’t figure this shit out.

Trump is committing crimes and Schiff is holding him accountable. Just because you don’t like the way he’s holding him accountable doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

I’m still laughing at you thinking Bill Burr is a common Joe. But yea I need a reality check. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I believe he means Burr is an average Joe in terms of his intellect.

They are just all in on this shit, impeach every one

2 Likes

Bill Burr is like the epitome of a Trump voter. Sorry rich white ignoramus with retired cop energy didn’t get why Trump should be impeached. It’s almost as if he hears what he wants to hear.

1 Like

You think he’s being honest about his feelings about Trump. I don’t. He’s a privileged, “PC culture is ruining America” type of guy. He may realize Trump is stupid, but he sure as hell is not voting for a lib. You want the best chance of winning the Bill Burrs of the world? Run Joe Biden. His racist gaffes and shitting on the younger generation really appeals to the Burr demographic.

3 Likes

Uhhh